Problems with International 95

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flee1049

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Cali
I have been losing signal from this satellite, My receiver will read (Acquiring Satellite Signal) when tuned to the international channels. Since DTV is charging to come out and fix it, I am attempting to fix it my self. I first checked to see if the Dish is in alignment which it was, since I used my Birdog and it said it had 100% signal. I then checked the COAX cables, which was fine; but I changed the cable just to be on the safe side. After replacing the cable, I was able to get signal again on the international channels. But now, the signal is gone again.

Here is my setup:

SLIMLINE-5 + DTV36EDS

SWM-8

My question is, could it be a faulty (Flex port)? Since I eliminated all the other possibilities (Coax Cable, Dish Alignment). I am able to get the regulars/HD channels perfectly fine.

Please help out. Thanks!

ALSO, the signals are in the 90s for all transponders when it actually worked.....

It could be the flex port or even possibly the 95 LNB is starting to fail. I would lean more towards the port though

It could be the flex port or even possibly the 95 LNB is starting to fail. I would lean more towards the port though

Is it possible I could use the other port? (Flex Port 2) Would it work? Trying to eliminate all the possiblities

No, it has to run through the flex port 1. You said the dish was dialed in, try hooking up your birdog up to the line right before it hits the switch and see if it's still solid. If it is you prolly have a failing switch

Hutch1814 said:
No, it has to run through the flex port 1. You said the dish was dialed in, try hooking up your birdog up to the line right before it hits the switch and see if it's still solid. If it is you prolly have a failing switch

I did that. I hooked up the line that goes into the flex port and had a solid 100% on the birdog. I know it's not the coax line since I changed the coax cable. When I hooked the line back into the switch, I'll be able to watch the international channels again, but eventually it will freeze and lose signal again.

Not really, they're normally pretty solid but I have seen them fails with in hours of being installed. Are you picking up the 95 or the 101 on the birdog? Also, you seem like you know what's going on, can you check to make sure the mast is solid and not loose? Also, is there any tree growth that's possibly getting in the line of sight when the wind blows? If none of these are an issue I'd be getting a new switch. What does the 95 sat show on the receiver (signal wise) and lastly, is it a 21 or 29 volt power supply? 21 volts will cause this issue as well

Hutch1814 said:
Not really, they're normally pretty solid but I have seen them fails with in hours of being installed. Are you picking up the 95 or the 101 on the birdog? Also, you seem like you know what's going on, can you check to make sure the mast is solid and not loose? Also, is there any tree growth that's possibly getting in the line of sight when the wind blows? If none of these are an issue I'd be getting a new switch. What does the 95 sat show on the receiver (signal wise) and lastly, is it a 21 or 29 volt power supply? 21 volts will cause this issue as well

I'm picking up the 95 satellite. I took the LNB for the 101 out (not needed). My system has been working perfectly fine for the last 1.5 years. The mast is perfectly plumb and nothing can take it down. No tree blocking at all. Perfect line of site (it's on the very top of my roof.) I'm getting 90s on all transponders for 95. I'm using a 29v power supply. Just want to make sure it's the switch before I go out and purchase a new one.

It's sounding like the switch. Is this happening on all receivers? If so its 1 of 3

1-dish
2-drop from the dish
3-switch

If you've looked at all the others then the only one left would be the switch. It's sounding like the issue to me. If I went to a service call and confirmed all this I would swap it out for a new one

Hutch1814 said:
It's sounding like the switch. Is this happening on all receivers? If so its 1 of 3

1-dish
2-drop from the dish
3-switch

If you've looked at all the others then the only one left would be the switch. It's sounding like the issue to me. If I went to a service call and confirmed all this I would swap it out for a new one

It's happening on all the receivers (8 of them). I'm going to try and swap it out.

So you said you can't use flex port 2? It won't work?

Thanks for your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts