Problems with local hd channels due to snow/ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

djnelson

Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Hello-

I'm in the Chicago area, we had our first ice/snow storm on Sunday and as a result my local hd channels are no longer coming in... I get the continual searching for signal message. I assume this is due to ice/snow on the dish.

Any suggestions for how to prevent this? Should I look at a dish heater such as a Hot Shot?

Thanks-

I had some wet snow collecting on my dish this weekend, which caused my signal to go out as well. Tied an old lightweight car snow brush (cheap thin wooden stick type) onto the end of one of those telescoping extendable poles (it's about 7 feet long or so, probably from Home Depot), extended it all the way (14 feet-ish), and gently brushed the snow off the dish (mounted on the side of the chimney) while standing on the deck. Works perfectly and cheaply, as long as your dish is reachable within about 20 feet or so. I understand that only the occasional really wet type of snow will cause this problem, so I'm not expecting to have to do this all that often over the winter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts