Problems with nets on G16/C

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
As of yesterday (the 1st Jan 08) I've been having problems with the nets on G16/c - tiling & freezing.

The picture is clear for a few seconds, then it stutters, then it returns to normal, then it stutters and so on.

I've got what I consider good reception:

Signal: 83% - steady
Quality: 45% - fluctuating

The strength screen fluctuates between "lock" and "unlock". "Unlock" occurs when the quality drops, then it comes back up to 45% and "lock" comes back.

Any suggestions?

Sorry...I've got a 14' mesh prime focus with dual fixed polarity feedhorn and 2 c-band lnbs.

I have a Pansat 3500SD hooked up to just one of the LNBs

The nets have been fine until the other day, we had a bit of rain in the early hours, when I woke up in the morning, they were freezing and losing audio.

Then....today after checking and double-checking frequencies, polarity, SR, PID, VID, AID - everything I could think of - BANG! they started working again :confused:

If it rained and then the problem started perhaps something got wet and created a bad connection. I've seen cable ends on LNBs exposed to the weather simply rust from the inside. The connector looks ok until you unscrew it from the LNB, the moisture is doing the damage from the inside. If that is the case it's best to take care of it before the center conductor rusts right off and is stuck forever in the connector on the LNB.........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)