Problems with new DTV H10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gschoser

Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Coconut Creek, FL
Good Morning Everyone,

We just bought a new DTV H10 from Circuit City yesterday. The set up inside the house was easy. However, when we were trying to get the dish aligned the only Satellite we could get to come in was 101. We made sure that we hade the altitude, vertical and azimuth set correctly. When we ran the system test we kept getting the following error on both 110 and 119, Failed Unlocked. So we made an appointment with Direct to have them come out.

Then this morning we got up to watch TV and we could not get a signal. It was as if the was no satellite at all. :no We have 3 other recievers in the house and they all had a perfect signal.

So my question is do you think we have a bad reciever, or has this happened to any one else before. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Direct yesterday and since I have to go to work today I can't spend another 2 hours on the phone with them.

Thanks

Gretchen

To be absolutely certain it's the H10, swap it with one of your other receivers. It won't matter if the TV is HD or not. If the problem follows the receiver, you have your answer. Did you have the Phase III dish before you bought the HD receiver? (The oval one with the 3 prongs on it) or did the dish come with the receiver? Since you mentioned realigning the dish, if you had the oval-3 dish already, it should have been properly aligned from the time it was first installed.

Bad Reciever

Before we bought the new reciever we did have the oval dish with the 3 LNB. We even switched out the LNB since we thought it was bad. We attached one of the other recievers we have in the house that is not HD and it works fine. Called Direct....they are no help what so ever....

At any rate take the bad unit back tomorrow and getting a new one, have a professional installer coming out on Saturday and he can deal with it.

We orginally had a friend install the dish for us and it was working fine with the old reciever, we did not start having problems until we got the new reciever.

Thanks for the info...

Yep called them directly. What a pain in the rump. I just wanted to see the crisp HD picture. While we were out though we bought an over-air ant. The one that slips over the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)