problems with setup

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Ok I have had a hopper 3, 4 wireless joeys and 1 wired joey. Anyways since day 1 I have had problems. I've had to at least reset one of the joeys at least once a day. The hopper 3 likes to hang when I go to watch on demand and sometimes Netflix or the music apps.
So I called and told dish my problems. She said she would have to schedule to replace the hopper but it might not fix all of the problems.
I also mentioned that the signal goes out when it rains really hard or even a moderate rain of more than 5 minutes will cause it to act up. I mentioned the signal meter shows 51 percent. She replied that is perfect. I proceeded to ask when is 51% perfect and she proceeded to tell me that is the best we can do since we are so far from the satellites and you'd have to be next to the satellite to get 100% signal.
I then proceeded to mention about losing my 1tb of recordings and she said sorry about your luck, we do have a backup hard drive for $99.

What are my options? Was she right about signal strength? Also couldn't she have at least gave a discount or even offered to throw in a free backup hard drive?

I don't have the Hopper 3, but I do have 2 HWS & 1 wireless joey in my setup. I guess my biggest complaint is since I was switched to the EA to receive my HD locals, I have more issues with rain. Now just a steady rain will cause signal problems that I did not experience on WA

I don't have the Hopper 3, but I do have 2 HWS & 1 wireless joey in my setup. I guess my biggest complaint is since I was switched to the EA to receive my HD locals, I have more issues with rain. Now just a steady rain will cause signal problems that I did not experience on WA

Signal strength also depends on what area you live in but it's not showing you otherwise the meter that goes past 100 would be telling you that you have more than 100% signal strength I know there is a list on here somewhere that tells you what you should have for specific areas. As far as rain fade I'm on the eastern arc and I don't experience rain fade too often really only if it's a really heavy rain for an extended period of time. And if you have an external hard drive you could just back up the recordings yourself.

As far as rain fade I'm on the eastern arc and I don't experience rain fade too often really only if it's a really heavy rain for an extended period of time. And if you have an external hard drive you could just back up the recordings yourself.
In what manner does an EHD relate to, or a remedy for rain fade?

so what are my solutions to my problems?

Looks to me like the only problem you might really have is that your VOD or Netflix play isn't always perfect. For that I would watch less VOD or watch Netflix through a smart TV or another device where it works better until a future H3 software update that may or may not fix the problem.

The signal strength is not a percent it's a quality reading, so 51 is not bad.

If your recordings are really important to you then you should probably buy an external hard drive anyway.

I then proceeded to mention about losing my 1tb of recordings and she said sorry about your luck, we do have a backup hard drive for $99.

What are my options? Was she right about signal strength? Also couldn't she have at least gave a discount or even offered to throw in a free backup hard drive?
Those hard drives are usually listed as Out Of Stock when I log into my mydish account, so if they actually have one available, grab it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts