Problems with sportspack in Philadelphia...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ironmike9110

Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
i purchased the Sportspack to go along with the original package i have now of total choice with hbo mainly so i could watch the knicks, rangers, and mets play (im a fan of new york teams). Ive had this about a month and at first the rangers, islanders, and flyers games were the only games that didnt come on, then all of hokcey didnt show, and now most basketball games dont even show (except repeats). As i said i just want to watch the MSG channel for the 3 new york teams i stated (havent had it for baseball season yet) but the channels always go blank as soon as the slotted time for the game comes on with 1 of either 2 messages, channel not purchased (727) or channel not available in ur area (721). Whats wrong here....should i just cancel sports pack and save the 12 dolars a month??? please help!

ironmike9110 said:
i purchased the Sportspack to go along with the original package i have now of total choice with hbo mainly so i could watch the knicks, rangers, and mets play (im a fan of new york teams). Ive had this about a month and at first the rangers, islanders, and flyers games were the only games that didnt come on, then all of hokcey didnt show, and now most basketball games dont even show (except repeats). As i said i just want to watch the MSG channel for the 3 new york teams i stated (havent had it for baseball season yet) but the channels always go blank as soon as the slotted time for the game comes on with 1 of either 2 messages, channel not purchased (727) or channel not available in ur area (721). Whats wrong here....should i just cancel sports pack and save the 12 dolars a month??? please help!

If you live in Philly you only get the Philly teams on what ever sports networks are for your area. The New York professional games will be blacked out of your area. You need to subscribe to the NHL Center Ice package to get the Ranger games and the NBA package to get the New York NBA team.

Most all Pro sports are blacked out of the Sportspack, except your local teams.

The sports pack is essentially wasted of money if you don't like college or minor sports -- whether or not you subscribe to it you only recieve your local teams and only on your local RSN. However, Philly recieves NOTHING because Comcast is denying DirecTV their signal. You must buy a sports subscription to see the games.

PS. The hockey you saw earlier didn't disappear -- you never had it. You were just watching during the Center Ice free preview week.

ironmike9110 said:
i1 of either 2 messages, channel not purchased (727) or channel not available in ur area (721). Whats wrong here....should i just cancel sports pack and save the 12 dolars a month??? please help!

BTW, the channel not purchased means you could get it with the appropriate sports packs, the channel not available in your area means it would be blacked out for you either way.

ok, thers a longitude and latitude setup in settings, what if i changd it so it was setup wehere the longitude/latitude had me in new york, tricking the satellite, would that work? I only ask this because i dont have the money to have nba league pass, nhl center ice, and mlb extra innings on top of the nfl ticket i got. Its funny tho, because it wasnt the free preview cause i bought sportspack after center ice and there were a few hokey games on, and i watched 2 knicks games in the past 2 weeks on MSG before i started realizing everything went out...

What you get is based on your address, not what long/lat you have in the satellite receiver. And actually, you may not even be able to get your city's team games with the NHL/MLB/NBA packages. I know that people in Sacramento (until last year) had no way to get the Kings' games due to them being Comcast exclusive, not even with the NBA leauge pass.

Why? Because the Kings are Sacramento's local in-market team. The NBA league pass is for Out-of-Market teams/games. Since you live in Philly and are wanting to watch Philly games, you would need to get them on the RSN. However if someone has a hold of your team's games (like Cox, Comcast, etc), you are pretty much outta luck.

boy if it was only as easy as changing the position though :)

people have 'moved' to see other sports teams. sorry you can't see yours.

Er sorry, I'm too lazy to edit my other post but I misread what you are trying to do.

It would be real unfortunate if you lost your job and had to move to NYC. Then you'd have to call DTV and tell them that you moved to NYC and give them your NYC address. Then you'd get these games and the NYC local channels too probably without having to spend extra money. I hope your job is very secure.

As someone who lives in Philly — I've always wondered why D* hasn't been hit with a class action suit on Sports Pack...we get charged for content we don't get (it's only annoying when the Mets play the Phillies to me) — there should be a make-good of some sort, a discount on sports-seasons or something.

Don't get me wrong, Comcast's management team should be boiled in oil for grabbing this loophole to hang onto their local monopoly — but if D* runs ads offering sports, and they do, someone should hold them to it, or make them offer full disclosure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)