Problems with the "plain jane" receiver

10 a month for DHPP? that doesn't sound right, dhpp is $5.99. you may have the Digital Home Plan which would be 10, but that also means you have leased equiptment. If this is the case you get all of your faulty equiptment replaced at no cost. If you have the In Home Service Plan DHP you get a tech out for free, if you don't you just have the Lifetime warranty DHP which means instead of paying $99 for a tech you'll only pay $29

clearly some cages have been rattled, because the subcontractor will be at my home tomorrow night, "after hours" at 5:15 and will service my receiver without the system being grounded. I have sent an e-mail to CEO@dishnetwork.com, explaining the situation and that in the event the receiver get's fixed tomorrow night (right now, i'll believe it when I see it), I would like to have multiple month's of free service of the packages my wife and I currently subscsribe to, which is AT 180, HBO/Skinamax, and the multi-sport package.

I looked at my bill and it states the Dish Home Protection Plan is $5.00/month/receiver.

A few hours after I sent the e-mail to CEO@dishnetwork.com, I got a phone call from the corporate offices and the lady whom I spoke to, had no problem with giving me a couple of month's free service to make up for the hassles i've gotten from BlueSky :)

garn9173 said:
Today, I talked further with the subcontractor who did the orginial install as well as "serviced" me on 6/15 & 6/18. I was informed that in 2002, grounding wasn't required and since my install, that policy has changed. I asked about a "grandfather clause" because clearly my install was done under old rules and I was notified that only installs done in the last 12 months or so would be covered under the "grandfather clause".

At this stage of the game, i'm done. I told the retailer that I would be more than happy to give my money to Mediacom and that since they (the subcontractor) won't service me, blah, blah, blah, that they can come and remove the dish and make any necessary repairs at their expense in accordance with the instructions of my townhome assocation.

Suprisingly, I was told that was no problem, all I need to do was to call E* themself and get the work ticket set up.

In the last 10 minutes or so, I just thought of something else. Since the dish move was done in October of 2002, my wife and I have been paying an additional $10.00 a month for the Dish Home Protection Plan, which turns out to be useless. I do believe i'm entitled to a refund of that $10.00 a month dating back to November 2002!

who told you grounding was not required in 2002

the subcontractor. Representive sent by BlueSky showed up at my residence, about 10 minutes early, swaped the receiver giving us trouble and everything is hunky dory. Now, if they would've done their job the first time they showed up a week ago tomorrow, I wouldn't be getting 2 month's free service as compensation :rolleyes:
Tate Satellites said:
who told you grounding was not required in 2002

In the mail yesterday, my wife and I received from the townhome association we live in, minutes from the last association meeting.

In the minutes was a report, that late last month a homeowner in the development lost an HDTV and 2 receivers when the dish got zapped by lighting. It turns out the system wasn't grounded. The association stated that in the event a fire is the result of a satellite that was not grounded, the homeowner would be responsible for any and all repairs to the affected units.

Can the association get away with that?

I post this information here because of the problems my wife and I had last month with our receiver not working & the subcontractor refusing to service us because the system wasn't grounded.

I'm afraid that they probably can "get away" with that. Under the premise of safety to occupants. That is also why your installer refused to service your system. The moment an installer works on it, his name is attatched and he's liable for any sort of damages that occur from then on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts