Problems with waiver requests

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradcny

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
A local station manager has informed me, that because I am in an area where I would get clear reception with the aid of a rooftop antenna or such other over-the-air reception device, that I am not eligible for a waiver approval even though my landlord will not allow me to place one on the home. I am very upset by that and feel that it is very unfair. Can they do that? How? How can they not consider that I can’t put an antenna up? If I can’t avail myself of the option of an antenna, I should be exempted and given a waiver. Any ideas on this?

please use regular font next time...

but yes the station can turn you down for any reason. Remember, seeing distants makes it so you dont see their ads

1. I would complain to the landlord because it is 100% legal to install an OTA device; and he should be more understanding. There are many that can be mounted INSIDE the attic.

2. Complain to the FCC and the NAB about local affiliates having a monopoly and you feel it should be stopped.

Only if you have a two story or higher building. I have a ranch style which was only 20 feet in height. Also understand right now that the test is for analog signals and not the digital channel signals. I believe this changes in the near future though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts