Problems with whole home DVR service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AstroZombie

Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Arizona
I recently had DirecTV service installed in my house. I have an HD DVR, plus two HD receivers.

When the service was first installed, the whole home DVR service worked fine. I could not however schedule shows via the web because the receivers were not connected to my home network.

I had an old wireless gaming adapter, and did a search and it works with the service, so I went ahead and connected it to the HD DVR through the ethernet port. This worked, and I was now connected to the home network and could schedule shows on the web and my iPhone, etc. However once I did this the other receivers in the house could not see the DVR.

It seems that I can do one or the other, but not both (right now). Is there a particular setting I need to change to enable both network interfaces on the DVR? (One to the internet and the other to the other HD receivers).

This is because once you connected the DVR to an ethernet port, you disabled the internal DECA which is what allows it to communicate to the HD receivers.

I believe you should be able to connect the HD receiver though without disabling the internal DECA and everything will work.
If not then you will need a separate Broad Band DECA (DirecTv Cinema kit).

AstroZombie,

Do a quick search of this forum. There has been a lot of discussion why you cannot do what you are doing the way you are doing it. It takes another DECA and you can find out how to do that in the other posts.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)