problems withh 110?

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
problems with 110?

hey guys my peak signal for 110 is 120, i've noticed some problems off that sat in the last 2 hours for instance ch 345 encore something signal cannot be locked, it couldn't be a nicer day where i am, i called dish they said 110 sat is having problems, is anyone else having problems viewing channels now on 110 or is it just me?

I was just going to ask the same question. I am getting 0 signal on 110 transponders 22 and up.

n0qcu said:
I was just going to ask the same question. I am getting 0 signal on 110 transponders 22 and up.

I can't get 22-25 but I can get 26 and 27 (around 50 signal strength). DISH Home is also out.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the topic, but thought it was interesting

"Last week, EchoStar revealed an anomaly with a key satellite operating in a full-CONUS position.
The company said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing released last week that in January the EchoStar VIII satellite experienced a fault within its computer components. The satellite's computer system is operating nominally on one processor with limited backup capacity, the company said.

The anomaly is not expected to reduce the estimated design life of the satellite to less than 12 years and has not impacted commercial operation of the satellite to date, EchoStar said. But until the cause of the anomaly is determined, there cannot be any assurance future anomalies will not impact commercial operation of the satellite, the company said.

The company said it uses EchoStar VIII, which operates at 110 degrees, to provide local channels to more than 40 markets.

Meanwhile, the company revealed that its next satellite - EchoStar X - is expected to launch during the fourth quarter. And the AMC-15 satellite EchoStar is leasing from SES Americom is expected to move into the 105-degree orbital location during the second half of the year, EchoStar said."

Although EchoStar 8 is at 110, the problem appears to be with EchoStar 6 also at 110. For instance, DISH Home was out and DISH Home comes from EchoStar 6. Hopefully, DISH is not having problem with both 110 satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts