Prodelin 1.2 Dish to GS120 Motor ****Faiiled Experiment do not do this people*****

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Some has asked me to post pics of a failed experiment I did trying to mate a GS120 to a Prodelin 1.2 commercial dish. This did NOT work as the dish and mount were still way too heavy to work. I made the frame out of 1X1 steel angle and the bracket is a foot mount from a directv slimline dish, with a conduit clamp assembly to adjust elevation. This setup MAY work well with a large motor that has the guts to pull the heavy dishes up the hill.

Ya did a beautiful job, no doubt about it. :up
But I would have been shocked to see the motor pull the load.

I made a much lighter mount for my 1.2 P and a more powerful motor and it still has issues with moving it. One big heavy dish.
Nice mount you have there.
RT

Thanks stogie5150, for the pictures. Found and read your whole thread last night....After viewing the pictures and reviewing the thread, as Tron and the other members mentioned your Prodelin 1.2 and my commercial 1.2 dish are quite heavy for the GS120 Motor and this type of dish make a good fixed dish.

I am and was highly disappointed, for I was hoping to make that dish into a Mini-Bud by using the GS120 Motor. My poor and faulting $69.99 dish Special has seen better days so the Commercial dish was my everlasting hope.LOL!!

Question: What brand and model of actuator would be recommended to work with the GBOX to move my Commercial 1.2M dish.

I seems that my area is devoid of any BUDs and my only hope is for some good soul to point me to a useable 8'+ BUD. Please don't laugh too loud to dround my own laughter.

I like the idea of the white box mounted to the pole behind the dish. Nice clean professional appearance.

I was recently looking into doing something like that to protect some of my permanent outside switches and connections from the elements. The flimsy enclosures they were supplied with are still somewhat open and provide ideal nesting places for insects and condensation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts