Status
Please reply by conversation.

gms49ers

Die hard Rush & 49ers Fan
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 9, 2008
Boise, ID
I have this Prodelin 1.2m dish and I need to locate a new feed bracket. I have the correct bracket, but two of the three ears that hold the arms are broken off. I've been limping along with bailing wire (literally) holding it all together, but I'm losing way too much signal. I'm hopeful that someone here either has a spare or knows where to locate one.

Here's a datasheet for my dish http://www.sateng.com/downloads/761012.pdf.

I've attached pictures of what the correct bracket looks like. Thanks for any and all help!

bracket.jpgbracket bottom.jpg

the ones you have look metal , maybe a repair can be fabricated
closest i've seen lately is a plastic Junction clamp for the channelmaster's
don't know if it would work.

I do have a spare CM 1.0 meter feed bracket, but when I place it on the arms it's focusing on a spot of the dish higher up the face than what I see it should be in my documentation for the dish (same as your second post ;) ). I dismissed that because I thought I'd lose signal by not fully illuminating the feed from the dish's sweet spot.

...also try to private message Mikelib he at one time had something like this

I will do that. The picture he posted matches what I need! THANKS!

Last I heard, the company was still in business.
Somebody bought them: General Dynamics
Might buy a brand new one, for too much.

This link discusses their 1.8 meter dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/287095-Where-to-get-replacement-parts-for-1-8m-Prodelin
Not sure if it'll help.

I thought the same thing. I've got their contact info, plus the original part number of the piece I need. Just waiting on a reply to find out how much it'll cost me.

I like what Stogie came up with. :)

I do too. Over the years of reading other members ideas to solve similar problems, I think I'll take that knowledge (and Stogie's picture) and head to the hardware store and see what I can come up with.

Another option I'm exploring is trying to create a CAD drawing for the part, and then send it off to one of the places that will do 3D printing. If I'm good enough with my CAD skills, and they have materials available that are light enough, it might be easier (cheaper too?) than dealing with the General Dynamics.

Thanks much!

out on the fringe

You might use your broken part , have it digitized, the add back on the broken wings.

I suspect the Rapid Protyping plastic wouldn't stand the stress of use.

You could make a 2-part mold, and cast it in aluminum in your garage.
A buddy used to do that.
(or maybe back yard so as not burn down the garage). ;)

Lost-wax casting might be easier, but you'd need a way to fabricate males out of wax.
(silicon mold? )

Likewise, you could cast it in one of the super epoxy compounds.
Maybe even insert some "rebar" for strength.

No, I wasnt joking.

Stogie's idea looking better, now?

You might use your broken part , have it digitized, the add back on the broken wings.

I suspect the Rapid Protyping plastic wouldn't stand the stress of use.

You could make a 2-part mold, and cast it in aluminum in your garage.
A buddy used to do that.
(or maybe back yard so as not burn down the garage). ;)

Lost-wax casting might be easier, but you'd need a way to fabricate males out of wax.
(silicon mold? )

Likewise, you could cast it in one of the super epoxy compounds.
Maybe even insert some "rebar" for strength.

No, I wasnt joking.

Didn't think you were. ;)

Stogie's idea looking better, now?

Yep. Has been for some time. I'll be heading to the hardware store first, because that will be the quickest way to get going again.

I'll be posting some pictures with the finished solution. Whatever it turns out to be. :D

Hi gms49ers,

Just received your PM, I might still have that bracket let me check.

mikelib

Thanks, Mike. PM Sent.

And I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)