Production of Apple iWatch has reportedly started

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a Pebble now... and I also have a Kreyos watch on order... and I would consider getting an iwatch as well.

If Apple does it, it is going to be unlike anything else, just like when the iPhone came out. I am interested what they can do to make it stand out and be different, yet a product that many people will want to have.

I don't feel the need to own a smart watch. That being said, Nike has shut down their fuelband line and said they are going to create software for other hardware platforms instead of making their own going forward. They have a very close relationship with Apple. iPhones/iPods have built in Nike fuel features and they never made the fuelband and other apps available for android phones.

The timing of this software only announcement by Nike right before the iWatch leads me to believe they worked out a deal with Apple to include fuelband features in the iWatch. I could always switch to another brand like fitbit but I'm addicted to my Nike fuel points (currently on a 112 day streak). I have been wearing this one for a couple years now so it's bound to die sooner rather than later.

I have no interest in carrying out speakerphone conversations on my wrist for the whole world to hear. If this is a reasonably priced, durable replacement to the fuelband with improvements I will get one when this first generation fuelband finally dies. If it's excessively expensive when compared to other activity monitoring devices or not durable enough to be worn during athletic activities I'll look for a second generation fuelband before they aren't on the shelves anymore.

It's made by Apple and it will have other features that fuelband/fitbit can't offer so I expect it to be more expense. I can handle more expensive for quality but if it's 2-3 times as expensive it's probably more than I need for my purposes.

I have a Pebble now... and I also have a Kreyos watch on order... and I would consider getting an iwatch as well.

If Apple does it, it is going to be unlike anything else, just like when the iPhone came out. I am interested what they can do to make it stand out and be different, yet a product that many people will want to have.

I agree Apple will have something unique and probably a lot of features that others have not thought of yet. Then they will end up suing a bunch of other companies that quickly add these new features to their products...

I have been needing a watch for a good while now and have been waiting for apple's new iwatch to see what it has to offer.

I wear a watch already. If this is good, I'll get one. If not, I'll likely get a pebble steel. I saw someone wearing one the train a few weeks ago, and liked the looks.

It would be quite a change for me to go to a watch I have to take off and charge at night. I have a solar powered water proof (200m) watch that sets via radio, I never take it off.

I only have to charge my fuelband once every 3 or 4 days if it's fully charged. Usually instead of waiting for it to die I will just plug it in before I take my morning shower every day. This isn't enough to fully charge it but it's enough to last a couple days if I forget to plug it in one morning.

Something like an iWatch would probably need a little more juice because it does more stuff. Apple is usually very good about battery life on their products though. I bet they put in a good enough battery that it can go at least a few days on a single charge.

A replacement Nike Fuelband would cost me $150. A comparable Fitbit would cost $100 but I would lose my 100+ day streak of hitting my goal as well as the years of data and bar graphs that are stored on their website for both my fuelband and their run tracking app.

I would probably spend up to $150-$250 for an iWatch if it incorporated everything the Nike fuelband currently does and was durable enough for activity. Nike's relationship with Apple gives me no doubt that there will be fuel software in this device. In the $300+ range I'm probably out though. I mainly want this as an activity monitor so something above $300 would be over 3 times as much money as I need to spend.

I realize that this would have more functionality than a simple activity tracker but I just don't see why I would need that over my current iPhone/iPad/fuelband setup. Apple is very innovative so I'm sure they can come up with compelling reasons to own one but I guess I would have to be sold.

My Sony Smartwatch 2 will go for 4 days before needing charging. BUT, that is with hardly any apps streaming data to it. I have 3 pages of apps loaded and set the alerts to vibrate when new messages, text, e-mail, etc is received and then I need to charge it daily. So, the length of charge lasts depending on how much you use the watch.

When I first got the watch it ran nearly every app flawlessly. Then, the main link application got an update and now several of the apps don't work. :(

What I really like about the watch concept is being able to receive my communication when it happens and not need to pull my phone out to see who is calling or read the text. If I use my BT ear piece, I can answer or reject calls by seeing who is calling on my wrist. I can answer by touching a button on the watch. Or, reject the call altogether. That's nice. If I'm having a busy day and need to keep my eye on one of my stocks for critical movement, I can turn on my stock tracker and I get streaming stock quotes updated every minute. I also have a nice weather radar screen to track storm activity. Of course I also have an internet browser but that one is difficult to use on a one inch screen. Twitter and Facebook apps work well as does a news ticker too.

In other words, anyone who believes these smart watches are just about sports really hasn't kept up with what they can do these days.

My old Thunderbolt is about worn out and after 3 years is in dire need of replacement. There are dead spots on the screen making typing nearly impossible. I have to use the Google voice command most of the time. The power button also has lost its spring action and sometimes sticks pushed in. I have decided to wait for the iphone6 and the iwatch to see if that is going to be right for me. After almost a year of my wife having the iphone5 I see the battery life is adequate and I no longer fear being without a spare battery. we have little charger cords for her phone in both cars and one in each suitcase and each of her purses so she never has to worry about not having a charging cord handy.

Hey Scott- did you get rid of your Brietling? Bet it's worth more than Eva paid now. On my last cruise, I saw my T Touch Tissot Titanium I paid $600 when they first came out was selling for $1400. I was shocked at how much it went up. I'm thinking it had to do with the money exchange rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts