Prof Revolution s2 7500 USB DMX741U no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zjts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
mt
I have an old 10FT fiberglass dish with a c band chaparral feed horn and aspen eagle lnb.I purchased a Prof Revolution s2 7500 USB receiver and DMX741U LNBF. I set the focal point for the DMX741U to the same as the chaparral feed horn. I am using the old GI analog receiver to move the dish for now.

I live in western Montana. and set the dish to point at 99w Galaxy 16. I am using fastsatfinder and get a signal strength of 0.
Questions
1. .I know the satellites are in a geosynchronous orbit. Are the satellites in the same arc as the old day?

2. Can I hook the old feed horn /LNB to the Prof Revolution s2 7500 USB and use GI analog receiver to control skew?
This is just to test if the problem is DMX741U. I do not want to damage the prof Revolution s2 7500 USB.

3. Is there any other software you suggest using?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I have an old 10FT fiberglass dish with a c band chaparral feed horn and aspen eagle lnb.I purchased a Prof Revolution s2 7500 USB receiver and DMX741U LNBF. I set the focal point for the DMX741U to the same as the chaparral feed horn. I am using the old GI analog receiver to move the dish for now.

I live in western Montana. and set the dish to point at 99w Galaxy 16. I am using fastsatfinder and get a signal strength of 0.
Questions
1. .I know the satellites are in a geosynchronous orbit. Are the satellites in the same arc as the old day?
Yes.

2. Can I hook the old feed horn /LNB to the Prof Revolution s2 7500 USB and use GI analog receiver to control skew?
This is just to test if the problem is DMX741U. I do not want to damage the prof Revolution s2 7500 USB.
Yes (if you have a 2 way high frequency splitter, power passing on one port only, you could use the GI receiver to power the LNB).

3. Is there any other software you suggest using?
I must have missed where you said what DVB app you are using.....

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You may want to put the polarotor back on, hook up the LNB to the analog receiver and tune to one of the channels that is still analog in the clear (I think 'The Shepherds Channel' is still up on G16, transponder 16). That way you are sure that you are locked on a satellite with a good signal to test the Prof 7500 [you may need to bump the dish a little one way or the other to peak the signal &/or adust the polarotor too].

Thanks

Keep us posted on how it's going.

The app I am using is fast sat finder. I have an ecoda will that work instead of a splitter?
I am going to try some of your suggestions today. thanks

I hooked back up the analog receiver and feed horn/lnb. I have the dish on Galaxy 16. Tp16 Shepherd's Chapel and tp18 Fox feeds. Both have a great picture.
I reinstalled the dmx741u and Prof Revolution s2 7500 USB. There is no signal with Fast Sat finder. I hooked the dmx741u lnbf as c band only, ku band only and both c& ku. Nothing worked.

I looked into splitters. If I have got this right you want a 1 dc pass splitter. Could you please give me mhz required for the splitter or recommend a splitter?

Could you recommend different software?

Thanks

Did you try the Prof 7500 with the polarotor/lnb?
You should have been able to tune into one of the DVB signals if you did.

I would try tuning C band with the dmx741u.
Try just one transponder (3820-V-26000 on G16 is always up and has a strong signal).
You may have to rotate the dmx741u to the right 'spot' to get a signal.

You don't need a splitter, but if you are concerned about the Prof 7500 powering the lnb.........
and if you are using the dmx741u, you will need to use the Prof to power the lnb to switch polarities. The link below is an example of a splitter I was referring to:
S8231D Sadoun 2_way Satellite CATV splitter
I have an orthomode feed, and power the lnb I am using at the time with the Prof.

I use TransEdit/DVBViewer with the Prof 7500.
If you want a free app, you might try DVBDream or AltDVB (with the BDA driver).
I haven't used DVBDream in quite awhile, and AltDVB with the Prof is is somewhat touchy.

Oh, and I wouldn't try using any switches until after you start tuning some transponders and get more comfortable with how the DVB app you settle on and the Prof 7500 work.

I hooked the old c band lnb to the prof 7500 and I am receiving a signal of around 70% on 3820-V-26000 on G16. I reinstalled the dmx741u there is no signal. I connected the cable to c band only(lnb port). I turned the dmx741u in 2 degree increments in the full 360 degrees with no results. It looks like the dmx741u could be bad.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts