Program Descriptions?

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
Where the descriptions of a show come from?

I recently pulled my TiVo out to mothballs and really appreciated how good the show synopsis was. It usually consisted of 3 or 4 sentences with enough information to know something about the show. With the press of a button it also provided additonal information such as original air date and a list of actors.

Is there any chance we can get additional program information like this for our Dish DVR?

Have you guys noticed, lately alot of descriptions are cut off?

Usually E* does a bang up job of putting crappy descriptions up there that fit. Ie "A man gets a hat"

But lately, they have been long, and cut off "A old man goes to the store to purchas"

Edit, hate to kinda hijack the thread, so some relevance.

When i had D*, w/ my tivo, it was very good, searching by people etc, but E*s dvrs arent so nice, but compared to the $300+ i spent on my HDVR2 when it was new, and E*s free 625, im happy :)

sA :: Shaggy said:
That might be cool, but there is one big downside. Think the amount of bandwidth that would take to hold all that info about every movie.

Bandwidth? The additional text I'm thinking about would be microscopic compared to a video transmission. Bandwidth certainly isn't the problem.

I wonder if there is any way to get Zap2it to improve their listings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)