Program dish 21.1 remote in UHF for hopper

happywsun

Original poster
Nov 12, 2013
Northern California
I recently had hopper installed. I have a fairly new 21.1 dish remote and would like it to control the hopper via UHF mode (so I don't have to point remote directly at receiver because receiver is in an awkward location) I am able to program the 21.1 to control hopper via IR but that doesn't help my situation. (I know this can be done, because I have a much older remote programmed to work this way for the Joey, it was set up by the technician) I've also tried to use the remotes "learning" with no success. I've looked all over the internet and it seems someone is keeping this a secret. :( Can you please help me? I would be very grateful.

Based on the information in the remote's manual you have to remove the key and switch the remote to UHF.

See attached .PDF for information.

The manuals are on the Dish website for download.

Attachments

• 222+622+722+receiver.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,240
I recently had hopper installed. I have a fairly new 21.1 dish remote and would like it to control the hopper via UHF mode (so I don't have to point remote directly at receiver because receiver is in an awkward location) I am able to program the 21.1 to control hopper via IR but that doesn't help my situation. (I know this can be done, because I have a much older remote programmed to work this way for the Joey, it was set up by the technician) I've also tried to use the remotes "learning" with no success. I've looked all over the internet and it seems someone is keeping this a secret. :( Can you please help me? I would be very grateful.
I'm somewhat puzzled over your effort since the Hopper and the 40.0 remote are both default to UHF to begin with.

3HaloODST
Thanks for your answer. I've not heard of UHF 2G, could you elaborate on this. Is the 2G is a newer technology? As I said my much older remote (it doesn't even have a model #, its called platinum, I think) is functioning in UHF mode, so would that mean it has UHF 2G? That seems odd to me that the much newer 21.1 wouldn't also have it. Also, If I can't get my 21.1 to work in UHF, do you know, then, if the 6.4 remote would work in UHF?

I'm not sure how/if your Platinum (8.0?) remote is running the Hopper via UHF but the only remotes that are UHF 2G-capable are the 32.0 (922) and 40.0 (Hopper/Joey) remotes. UHF 2G is a two-way communication technology utilized by the 922 and Hopper/Joey. It also has better range than the older UHF Pro technology. You can press MENU - MENU on your remote (or SYSTEM INFO on the front panel) to see which remotes are paired to your Hopper. Older Dish remotes are only compatible with IR remote address 1 when used with Hopper/Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)