Program DVR over the internet?

btrain

Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
Connecticut
I know I saw somewhere (but can't find it) that I should be able to:
a) select programs to dvr through dishnetwork.com
b) view a list of programs I've recorded or am going to record through dishnetwork.com
c) a and b

I'm pretty sure DirecTV DVR users can do this, as can UVerse people and likely FiOs as well. Obviously, this is all predicated on having the broadband connection connected on my 722 (which it is).

Does anyone know where you can do to do this on the internet, because even though I know I saw that I should be able to do this (can't even find that mention now), I can't find anything like that when logging into MyAccount on dishnetwork.com. Thanks!

It has not been activated yet.
You can go online to Dish Online - DISH Network Entertainment, Streaming Video Exclusives, Movies, TV and More! and sign up, it is a seperate registration process to the Dish account. You will need your account number.
When Dish activates the service they will email you to let you know. At that point if your DVR is connected to the internet, go to system setup, Broadband (i think), and click on web activation, give it a name and you will be good to go.

I am not sure why the S O B's have not activated it yet, I was part of the beta earlier in the year.

Yes, there are threads on this here if you wish to read up on it.

The feature should be here "soon."

Judging by the comments on the beta ("kludge"), I'm hoping they keep at it until it's easy and intuitive to use. I've thought of it as a nicety, but one I would rarely use. Then I got to thinking: What if the Ciel-2 launch had been delayed? My DVR setting wouldn't catch that. But if I knew, I could call from work and reset the timer. Events like that will make this well worth while.

I used to do this with my TiVO - I'd be standing at the coffee pot at work and a co-worker would say, "hey, are you watching Show Z tonight?" Oops. I could go to my office, login to the website and schedule it to record. It would send me an email and let me know that it did so properly.

Of course, this was B.C. (before children) so I was actually out late enough to miss prime-time television from time to time. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts