Program Guide download

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
The program guide is supposed to download overnight if the receiver is off, correct? On my 311 receiver, even with it off overnight, still paused when I ask for the guide in the morning to download the guide. Is this normal? It does not happen with the 811 or 522 as long as I don't ask for something a day or two out.

Sounds like the guide data is corrupted. Have you tried a soft reboot? if so try a hard reboot and see if that doesnt clear it up. my 311 used to do that

My 311 has done that a few times. No explanation why. I fix mine by turning off the power via my surge suppressor strip. You can do the same by unpluging it. Wait at least a minute. Plug it back in and it will get the satellites first then download the program guide data. One time I had to do it twice. Again. No explanation why. It does not do it all the time, so I suspect either it is atmospheric interference, military playing around, Dish Dude asleep at the switch, or a extraterestial anomaly!
:eek: :cool: ;) :D :eek:

Mickdog said:
My 311 has done that a few times. No explanation why. I fix mine by turning off the power via my surge suppressor strip. You can do the same by unpluging it. Wait at least a minute. Plug it back in and it will get the satellites first then download the program guide data. One time I had to do it twice. Again. No explanation why. It does not do it all the time, so I suspect either it is atmospheric interference, military playing around, Dish Dude asleep at the switch, or a extraterestial anomaly!
:eek: :cool: ;) :D :eek:

Anotehr post of the day that made me chuckle.

Unplugging it was what i meant by hard reset

I see you have a picture of your mighty dog there. Could the missing data be the dog keeping the guide elves away so they can't put the new data in? :D

Barry Erick said:
I see you have a picture of your mighty dog there. Could the missing data be the dog keeping the guide elves away so they can't put the new data in? :D

Never thought of Elves being the type to be scarred off! The Dog does sleep at night!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)