Program guide only 4 hours long

You can force a guide download by turning off or putting in standby the Hopper and all the attached Joeys. You also have to be sure nothing is recording or scheduled to record for the next 30 minutes or so. After a few minutes a message should appear on the screen indicating a guide download in progress with a percentage progress report.

Guide download worked great in my Hopper 3. I did procedure four times. First three times the new guide advanced a couple of hours. On the third time the download had a full nine days in the guide. I did the guide download a fourth time and no new advancement. So it appears the guide download will work every time even if the guide has the full nine days.

OK, I finally figured out what happened, and everyone's suggestions were correct.

About a week ago, I had a lot of tree work done in my yard. After looking at the dish, I found that the LNB was damaged (most likely by a falling tree branch) . The plastic housing of the LNB where it attaches to the mast was broken, and the tree guys decided that they could just put it back the best that they could using electrical tape. Since the LNB is no longer mounted stablely, it gives me intermittent connection. Sometimes the signal is good, an sometimes it is bad, losing connection completely with the 72.7 satellite. After looking at it,I am very surprised that I got any signal at all.

I know that accidents happen, but the tree guys never told me that they had broken my LNB. I'll have to call them tomorrow and give them a 'peice of my mind'.
Yep, that would definitely do it. One of my pet peeves when it comers to roofers remounting dishes is that they don't get how precise you want to be to properly peak a Dish

Yeah, it really makes me mad that the tree guys didn't tell me what happened. They just tried to cover up their mistake and hoped that I wouldn't notice. They have no idea how precise the dish has to be aimed.

I called Dish and they are sending someone out tomorrow. In the meantime, I just re-taped the LNB with duct tape, making sure that I aligned it better, made it a little more stable, and then I re-peaked the Dish a little. My signals are now just a little low, and both satellites are working, so I should be good until Dish gets here tomorrow.

The Dish technician was just here. He used my original LNB and re-mounted it in a new plastic housing, which was broken. He tried to re-point the dish, but he could not get a high enough signal on both satellites at the same time. Even though the dish looked perfectly good, the falling tree branch must have bent my dish so that it could not be aimed properly. The tech ended up replacing the dish and re-peaking. My signal levels are now back to normal.

I really appreciate how quickly Dish came to my house and fixed the problem. I called them yesterday about 3PM, and the technician had the problem fixed by 11AM. That is really good customer service!

I know that accidents happen, but the tree guys never told me that they had broken my LNB. I'll have to call them tomorrow and give them a 'peice of my mind'.

I think I would just thank them for not suing you for an "accident" on your property.

Tree guys are at the top of the list for occupational accidents.

Did he ask if you needed any screen cleaner or maybe a sound bar? :biggrin
That's funny. The last tech I had in my house looked at my 5.1.2 Atmos sound system and said something like "I guess a sound bar is out of the question!" We both laughed.
Yes, he did...but he did it kind of like what Bobby posted. He looked at my existing equipment and said "I'm supposed to try to sell you something, but I see you already have a surge suppressor, and your sound bar is way better than mine, so...", and we both laughed.

The Dish technician was just here. He used my original LNB and re-mounted it in a new plastic housing, which was broken. He tried to re-point the dish, but he could not get a high enough signal on both satellites at the same time. Even though the dish looked perfectly good, the falling tree branch must have bent my dish so that it could not be aimed properly. The tech ended up replacing the dish and re-peaking. My signal levels are now back to normal.

I really appreciate how quickly Dish came to my house and fixed the problem. I called them yesterday about 3PM, and the technician had the problem fixed by 11AM. That is really good customer service!
Well tell someone at Dish or email them and tell them how happy you are. They need to get some love sometimes.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts