Program ON SCREEN Guide for OTA?

arty100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Wisconsin
Hi,

I just came here from V*.

I notice that E* does not list OTA programming on the ON SCREEN GUIDE.

Is there something I am missing or is this the way with E* ..

Thanks

They list the guide for the locals that dish carries in SD.

Basically they copy their SD guide and mirror it to the digital locals that match their sd locals.

BFG said:
No it means you must have dishnetwork locals, do you?

That would depend on the model of his receiver, would it not?

811 = Can use OTA PSIP data where available.

921, 942 = Require Dish local subscription for guide data.

NightRyder

well I mean he at least needs to have the means of getting locals from dish.

BFG said:
No it means you must have dishnetwork locals, do you?

I DO NOT have LOCALS.

I pick up the DTV stations via the former VOOM SNIFFER Antenna.

I was told I would not need LOCALS if I received the HD's

Oh ok that answers the question.

Your dish locals are on the 121 superdish.

So even if you don't want to subscribe to your locals you'd have to have a 121 superdish set up to receive the guide info for those local channels.

Curious. How did you sign up with dish? Did you buy your receiver? If you're leasing the 811 through the DHA promo the locals are included in your monthly cost (and the superdish) in the installation

OK.

I need to call DISH, then.

The smaller dish was installed.

I NEED the guide like I had with VOOM!

I signed up for the deal that was promoted here.

What is the number I need to call?

Thanks

Chris

Yeah they installed the wrong dish. You get your SD locals from dish included in the price you're paying for your programming package anways so they should've installed a superdish.

Call 1-800-333-3474 and tell them you got installed and live in the Madison, WI market and should've received a superdish to get your locals but they did not install a superdish

I just waited 30 minutes and was told I need to speak with
the 811 HD folks.

Than I got disconnected!

Wonderful START!

cgoidel said:
getting 811 installed tommorrow, with the voom antenna for local dtv. Do i also need a superdish installed. I am in lexington ky.

cgoide: No, your locals are on the 110 (Dish 500) bird.

NightRyder

cgoidel said:
getting 811 installed tommorrow, with the voom antenna for local dtv. Do i also need a superdish installed. I am in lexington ky.

hey neighbor... no you dont need a Super Dish...

Downside to the way the guide reads you wont be able to see what is on UPN 27-2.

damn thats 2 (ex) voomers within 60 mile of each other in central ky. I bet we are the only ones in the state. none of the installers around here seem to know much about it.
as far as upn27-2 the only thing i watch on there is today at keenland and i know when that comes on. the 5 local pbs dtv channels are the best thing in hd. i would miss them more than the voom 21.
thanks for the info.

Make that 3 ex-Voomers. I live in New Albany, IN (right across the river from Louisville). My E* installation is scheduled for Monday. They told me I would need a second dish, which was free, in order to receive two of my local channels (21 and 68). I'm curious how all of that's going to work with the 2 811 receiver's I'm scheduled to have installed.

I see you guys are using the old OTA Voom antenna for HD local. Is that an option? If so, I'm going to cancel the second dish as I got all of my locals fine with the Voom antenna. Though, I'm curious what will happen if Voom wants their antenna back :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts