Program Planner Updates?

tvrobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
While we pine for a DVR, here's something to comment on. Is there any possibility that Voom would update their program planner to allow programming by time and day(s) with the ability to have recurring programming ala D*? I record several different programs daily and it's a pain to have to re-program the STB every day. Also, it might be nice if the pre-selected program would turn the stb on at start and off when done by default... rather than having to jump through multiple layers to get the "auto-on" set. Am I just lazy? Maybe, but dammit, technology is supposed to enrich and simplify our lives, right?

I don't understand why you are turning off your STB?

The last firmware upgrade made it so that this is no longer necessary unless you do something stupid ;) like changing your channels, which locks up the box.

Does it use any less juice when it's shut off?

Sometimes the damn thing won't change channels when it's programmed to do so regardless of STB status. What's up with that?

tvrobert said:
Does it use any less juice when it's shut off?
Not really. It just turns the green light off that's all. Even DVI handshake stays on.

Sometimes the damn thing won't change channels when it's programmed to do so regardless of STB status. What's up with that?
Yeah, that's a know bug, that happens from time to time. I wish someone could figure out a pattern. That would help Moto fix it.

P.S. Sorry, tvrobert. I was going to write a reply to you, but by mistake I have erased part of your message. Could you please re-enter it? thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)