Program records on 1 DVR not the other?

patmsp

Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
I have 2 different DVRs, in 2 different rooms. A VIP 612 DVR and a VIP 622. My wife is hooked on baseball and we record the same game on 2 DVRs so she can watch it in either room.

What happens many times is one will record the game and the other will not record it. The one that does not record it just shows the splash screen for 3 hours. It looks like the game is blacked out, but the other receiver records it.

Is it possible that the satellite switch cannot support recording from 2 DVR's on the same channel at the same time?

Pat

What splash screen? The non-recording receiver actually records 3 hrs of a splash screen? Or are you referring to the screen saver when the receiver is in standby? That's normal even when the receiver IS recording something scheduled by timer.

Perhaps there is a timer conflict and the baseball game is set lower in priority than something else.

What has actually happened - you started recording just a little before the game actually started on the HD channel of the RSN. The recording has to start after the signal is there for the HD RSNs. Otherwise you get the screen for duration of the recording. The two receviers do not necessarilly start recording at the exact same time. Try setting the recording for a few minutes into the broadcast, or if they have a pregame show on the HD channel a few minutes into that if you want.

Wanna hear something weird? I had a recording from my HD RSN from a few days ago on my DVR, and started watching it from the beginning. All I got was the "check back" screen, and I fast forwarded it through the first hour with no luck. I hit stop in my disgust, ready to chalk it up as a loss, but before I deleted the recording, I decided to resume play, and lo and behold, the game was there! I was even able to stop the viewing and do a "start over" and this time it worked without a hitch. So, even if you get that splash screen recorded, don't give up, you might get lucky.

That almost sounds impossible!! lol...... Have to digest that to see how that can happen...... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)