Programing The Remote Control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
The tech programed the remote to my Hitachi TV and I need to change it to my Denon receiver for the volume control, How do I do this?? I can't find the answer in the manual.:(

The tech programed the remote to my Hitachi TV and I need to change it to my Denon receiver for the volume control, How do I do this?? I can't find the answer in the manual.:(
I hope it works. I have an Onkyo TX-NR801 and I am SOL eventhough the remote for the HR10-250 had no problem controlling it.

The volume keys NEVER work initially with any AUD receiver code not until you do the following: First there has to be a TV code programmed to the TV device, or the volume keys won't work, Then;

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

I hope it works. I have an Onkyo TX-NR801 and I am SOL eventhough the remote for the HR10-250 had no problem controlling it.

Use code 30135, and no the POWER key won't turn ON & OFF the receiver, not with onkyo use of a two-key power scheme and the lone power key on the white remote. then do the above steps.

Use code 30135, and no the POWER key won't turn ON & OFF the receiver, not with onkyo use of a two-key power scheme and the lone power key on the white remote. then do the above steps.
And that will get me volume control?

IVE GOT VOLUME CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and mute!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU EDMUND!!!!!!!!

I dont have on or off for the reciever but who cares.

Edmund is the remote guru (I am not kidding about that). Thanks Edmund for your help. I've stumbled on your posts before that has helped me.

Another Q for you Edmund. I had no problem programming my Denon receiver into the remote, but is it possible to get the volume to punch through (like the TV volume) without having to switch to AV1 every time I want to adjust the volume? Between the volume difference on commercials and different channels, I'm worried about wearing the switch out, (not to mention it's just a plain pain in the ass). Any help is appreciated.

That is what this thread is about, just follow my directions on the other page and the denon volume will be in all devices. Including tv, if you want to restore tv volume only to the tv device once the denon volume is punched through, do the following also:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOLUME DOWN

Edmund (the almighty one of all things remote). Thanks for your help, I can now control the volume on my Denon without having to flip the switch over to the AV1 position. This little matter was as close as I came to having a complaint about the HR20-100. I came over from the Tivo-250 and I think this unit is superior to that buggy tivo recorder. Took me about 2 hrs. to get used to the different operational aspects and I haven't had a single problem in the 3 months I've had this unit. Call me extremely pleased. Thank you again Edmund.

This little matter was as close as I came to having a complaint about the HR20-100. I came over from the Tivo-250 and I think this unit is superior to that buggy tivo recorder.
Really? Dont you think the 30 second skip of the HR10-250 is far superior? And fast forward combined with 30 sec skip on the HR10-250 can get you to the end of a program in a few clicks. You enjoy having to go to the "list" to change tuners to see something thats recording rather than changing tuners by one button press? You find the elimination of dual live buffers better? The HR20 has some new hardware features but its in the stone age compared to the software program control features of the HDtivo.

I don't need to get to the end of a program until I've watched it. Otherwise I just stop it and delete it. As for the 30 sec. slip, I find it more accurate than the Tivo, which seemed to skip at anything but consistent 30 second intervals, and seemed to always overshoot. As for changing tuners to see what I'm recording, well that's why I'm recording - TO WATCH IT LATER. As for dual buffers, not that big a deal to me, again I watch shows , one at a time. As I said previously, I haven't had any problems with this unit - not a one. Can't say the same for my HR10-250. I do have a list of things I like better on the HR20, but I'm done boring our readers for now.

Really? Dont you think the 30 second skip of the HR10-250 is far superior? And fast forward combined with 30 sec skip on the HR10-250 can get you to the end of a program in a few clicks. You enjoy having to go to the "list" to change tuners to see something thats recording rather than changing tuners by one button press? You find the elimination of dual live buffers better? The HR20 has some new hardware features but its in the stone age compared to the software program control features of the HDtivo.

And holding down the 30 skip on the HR20 can get you to the end of the program in one click.:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts