Programming Question

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Since I dont know much about the fcc rules on programing like others on this board I have a question for you. Voom is trying to get INHD and everyone says that since it is uplinked to a satellite any satellite provider should be able to get it correct?

Now my real question is for the voom21 exclusive channels and playboy wich I believe they still have another year or so on their exclusivity contract with them. If direct tv or dish came along and said we want to provide our subs with more hd and went to voom for the exclusive would voom have to set a price for their channels?

The Voom exclusives aren’t currently sent to anyone else but Voom subscribers, InHD has no proprietary distribution network where Voom does. That’s how (I think) they would get around it. i.e the Voom exclusives were created to be just that, where InHD’s channels were not.

Or to simplify it further, it's fine to try and keep something your own, but when you start offering to several others you need to make it available to all (at a price).

But in all honesty, I can’t foresee the federal government forcing any programming supplier to offer their media to anyone that they don’t want to do business with, this is not why the laws were drafted.

vurbano said:
So whats Cubans Price for HDnet?

$1.10 per sub for both Net and movies vs the $3.84 that InHD wanted.

Mark Cuban--whose HDNet channels, in combination, cost $1.10 per sub--declined to discuss the possibility of sub-fee hikes. An NBC Universal spokesperson suggested it was unlikely that Universal HD, now offered at 40 cents per sub, would hike the fee to cover the cost of its new facility.

http://www.cableworld.com/cgi/cw/show_mag.cgi?pub=cw&mon=032105&file=hidefgamble.htm

I had the INHD's on cable and the HDNet's when I was with D*.... I did not really care for the INHD's... HDNet was sweet! Granted I'll take them both but if I had to choose one of them it would be the HDNet's hands down!

LunkHead said:
I had the INHD's on cable and the HDNet's when I was with D*.... I did not really care for the INHD's... HDNet was sweet! Granted I'll take them both but if I had to choose one of them it would be the HDNet's hands down!

Well I am the reverse of that, I have watched InHD a lot more vs watching HDNet when I had it, I also love the fact that InHD will have all those baseball games this season, three games a week in 1080i is nothing to sneeze at.

I did not know they were planning on showing MLB games... I loved HDNet because they had NHL games in HD.....

Ya, baseball in HD is SWEEEEET! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)