Programming Remote issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pazgb

Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Wondering if anyone ran into this.

I have the HR20-600 remote and I am trying to program my audio receiver so I can control the volume on the Directv remote in DIRECTV MODE. I programed my TV and now the volume controls the tv only and not the audio receiver. Does anyone know if there is a setting where I can change the volume button to control the audio receiver and not the audio on the tv.

Im sure many people have this same problem. Its just a pain switching the top switch back and forth to control the volume.

Mike

Push the AUX (or whatever button you programmed for your AV receiver) and then push the DTV button. It should control the audio on the A/V and not the TV.

That's the way it work on the RCA HD remote from a couple years ago.

Push the AUX (or whatever button you programmed for your AV receiver) and then push the DTV button. It should control the audio on the A/V and not the TV.

That's the way it work on the RCA HD remote from a couple years ago.

Thats what he's doing, but for some reason he doesn't want to have to slide the button over to AV1 or what ever he designated for the receiver.
Not sure how he wants it to work, but it sounds like it is working the way it is designed for.

Jimbo

You need to change the volume lock on the remote so it no longer changes the volume on the TV. Go to DIRECTV's website and download the manual for the RC32 remote control. Your answer is on page 10.

Wondering if anyone ran into this.

I have the HR20-600 remote and I am trying to program my audio receiver so I can control the volume on the Directv remote in DIRECTV MODE. I programed my TV and now the volume controls the tv only and not the audio receiver. Does anyone know if there is a setting where I can change the volume button to control the audio receiver and not the audio on the tv.

Im sure many people have this same problem. Its just a pain switching the top switch back and forth to control the volume.

Mike

I was having the same issue. First the tech couldn't get it to control my Audio Reciever. Then my wife got it to control the sound when on AV1 only (TV volume when set to DirecTV), but if you follow all of the instructions on the HR20 Remote setup screen, it will tell you to "Repeat Step 1" and then enter a code of 993 or something like that and then press "Select" I think. (Don't quote me on this.)

The tech just wasn't competent.
My Wife wasn't patient enough to read all of the instructions.
Not to attach you, but my guess is that you're glancing past the last sentence of the instructions. (I do this all the time too.:D)
The setup instructions are pretty easy if you read through them about 3 times before you actually press any buttons.

If you have the RC-24 Universal Remote (the white one), the steps are as follows:

1) Place selector switch on the DTV setting, and press & hold "Mute" & "Select" keys until the green light flashes twice.
2) Press 9-9-3 (green light flashes twice)
3)Press & release the Vol+ key (green light flashes 4 times)
This will force the volume controls to work for the component selected by the Mode Switch.

To lock the volume control to your a particular component, do the following:
1) Slide the mode switch to the component that you want to control your volume.
2) Press & hold "Mute" & "Select" keys until the green light flashes twice.
3) Press 9-9-3 (green light flashes twice)
4)Press & release the Select key (green light flashes twice)

Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts