Programming Remote Question

bobinchico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
I just upgraded to the Vip722 from the Vip622. On my Vip622 remote for TV1 (only have 1 TV) I was able to set the AUX to control my Denon Receiver so I could turn off and control volume. I have tried to program the new Vip722 remote and none of the Denon codes work, nor does the scan option. I suppose I could keep the old remote and just return the new one, but the red power and TV power buttons are just a little brighter on the new remote.

Anyone have any suggestions, besides - Go check the AVS Forum.

Keep both remotes.

Dish does not send out used remotes with refurbs anyway. They will probably throw it out.

Are you sure that you entered the 2 prefix (for receivers) first before entering the 3 digit code as required in the aux mode. Read the manual carefully. See page 76.

Are you sure that you entered the 2 prefix (for receivers) first before entering the 3 digit code as required in the aux mode. Read the manual carefully. See page 76.
Page 76 appears to me to address the issue of improving your remote control setting to best operate your satellite receiver.

Thanks for the suggestion to read the manual more carefully. I do see now on page 81, item 4 your comment about pressing 2 first. I was going more by the graphics, on page 81 instead of reading the full directions, which I must have done in the past. I'll go try that now.

I did what was suggested and kept both TV1 remotes. I never used TV2 remote and it still had a paper band around it, so I sent that back today with the receiver. This was the first time they sent an HDMI cable with a receiver. That is in my spares box.

On the new remote when I scanned to find the TV code the red TV power button has to be pressed twice to turn on, instead of only once as with the older remote. I suppose I will just go try more codes (it seems like there are a gazillion for the Panasonic) to get a more accurate one.

On the old remote, hold down one of the mode buttons like you're going to program it, until the buttons blink. Then press # twice. Count the blinks, that is the code currently programmed for that button. A blink that's faster than the others indicates a zero.

On the old remote, hold down one of the mode buttons like you're going to program it, until the buttons blink. Then press # twice. Count the blinks, that is the code currently programmed for that button. A blink that's faster than the others indicates a zero.
That did it! Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)