Programming two lnbs on Ultra

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I have this setup:
My 8 foot dish using C2 dual LNBf (one cable go to my 4DTV 922 and the other cable to my Ultra) for my C Band TPs, and my 1.2 motorized Primestar dish for Ku Band TPs.
I am using the DiSEqc switch, Port 1 for the C Band and Port 2 for Ku Band.
The problem I am having is programming the Ultra concerning this set up.
Say I go to a satellite that has TPs on both C and Ku. I do the Ku first, setting 11750 for Ku and Port 2 for the 1.2 dish. Using DISEqc 1.2 to position the dish to that satellite and then scan in the Tps.
BUT when I want to set up for C Band on same satellite I do this setting: Go to satellite by my 4DTV, settingup for my Ultra: set up 5150 for my C Band LNBf OFF on the motor drive, Port 1 for the C Band dish. Then I scan.
For some reason this causes confusion to the Ultra. When I am watching TV and I wanted to go to that satellite to watch something on Ku, the dish doesn't move.
Do I need to ADD another satellite, naming that one the same as original satellite except adding C or Ku to the name of that satellite? And program it?
I noticed that on some of my other FTA receivers, it would name a satellite twice, one for Ku and the other C.

I set up separate satellites for C and Ku. That way they can have the differect IF and diseqc settings. The Ultra seems to have problems with sats with the same coordinates though so try setting up (for example) AMC4-C at 101.1W and AMC4-Ku at 101W. The tenth of a degree off on C-band doesn't seem to matter, and if you are using a different positioner (4DTV) the degrees won't matter on the AzBox anyway. I named the sats the same on the AzBox as on the positioner for the big dish.
Hope that helps..
-C.

Good! I appreciate your input! Eventually I am getting a C/Ku LNBF to put on my 8 foot dish.
In meantime, I will create the sat list like you're suggesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts