Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

teknophyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
DirecTv customer service has told me on the phone that there will be no additions in 2005 except for HD and a couple of sports channels in the fall of 2005. I have been communicating with: Stephanie Campbell sacampbell@directv.com she is part of the VP's office of programming in LA in several different e-mails she has told me that DTV will NEVER offer what their competitor Dish has. The superstations package will never materlize on DTV because they feel that the sports and syndication blackouts would be unfair to their customer base. She added that just because dish network does not block out sports or syndication programming like they should DTV will not get themselves involved. I encourage everyone on this board to flood DirecTV with e-mail specificatly the women mentioned and maybe that might work. Here is the e-mail address again:

Stephanie Campbell sacampbell@directv.com

and here is LA programming's phone number: (310) 964-4555 - Programming

that is Dan Hartmans Office he is the VP or programming for the company. I hope with e-mails and phone calls we might get somewhere. GOOD LUCK!

You know...

You've confused me on exactly what you want...

Are you wanting to violate their contracts with the sports associations, the FCC and ignore the blackout rules?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Directv is already offering a lot more than their main competitor. Have you compared a DTivo to any of the DISH DVRs?

Directv has announced a pretty impressive roadmap for additional HD channels in 2005, including locals in HD.

Oh, and if you read the press release... It says that in SUMMER of 2005 they'll be adding over 1500 local HD channels and over 150 'other' HD channels.

~

If you want to flood someone, flood the idiots running the major sports. Blackout rules in the 21st century is archaic. The thought that in todays mobile society, you will see fans abandoning their favorite teams because they move to another's locale is just plain stupid. The technology exists for a Baltimore Oriole fan to watch nearly 162 O's games no matter where he/she lives. For MLB to deprive them of that ability makes no sense whatsoever.

If MLB would ever shake the dust off of their blackout rule and open the pipeline to the fans it would be a real cash cow. JMHO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts