Projector help

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My stepdad just bought an Optoma EP739 DLP projector. That thing is NICE!!

I had it out just testing from 5 feet from the wall (the most the cables would let me) and the picture is sharp!!

We're going to start the home theatre set up for their living room and I need some help with wall plates/jacks. We want to make this look very nice!

The projector has DVI-D in, DB-15 in (two of them, one for the PC and one for a cable that turns into Component), and one composite. What would the best way be to run the cables for this? We have no choice but to run the cables in the attic, and their living room has a vaulted ceiling. We are also planning on running speaker wire the same way.

The distance from the couch to the wall is about 12-15ft. What is the best size screen we can get for it? He wants the bigger the better. Their wall will accomodate a screen up to 116" wide. He wants an HDTV style screen.

I don't like using wall plates on video connections. Check Monoprice for cables.

Even though the Optoma Graywolf screen is retroreflective (it's supposed to work better with table mount) it's a great screen and I use the 106" version. It is a glass beaded gray screen so it helps reduce screendoor.

Page Computer has always treated us right, and they have one of the best prices. For that distance most people would probably say get the 92" but if he wants big go for the 106". Shipped should be about $160

Last edited:
goto dalite and select your projector from the list and it has a screen calculator, i use the 119" 16x9 Model B deluxe in high contrast matte white

Is there a widescreen calculator to determine screen size?

I can get a 7'X7' roll up screen, but I want to keep the height in proportion to the width to get a 16X9 aspect ratio.

Yes, there is a ASPECT RATIO selection on the calculator right above the throw distance slider. If you are looking at a 84"x84" these would be a great 16x9 to look at: 45" x 80" (92"diag) or 52" x 92" (106" diag) they come in Matte White, High Contrast Matte White,
Video Spectra 1.5, Silver Matte amd High Power.

http://www.dalite.com/products/projection_calculator.php

I attached a copy of mine.

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)