Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I just saw this on yahoo.Another great actor has passed away Saturday,due to natural causes in a Los Angeles area hospital.He was 83.Services were set for March 5 at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.R.I.P. Mr. McGavin,you will be missed.

One more famous person to die and we will have three. They seem to always die in threes.

1. Don Knotts
2. Darren McGavin
3. ?

MikeD-C05 said:
One more famous person to die and we will have three. They seem to always die in threes.

1. Don Knotts
2. Darren McGavin
3. ?
I was thinking the same thing.

A prolific actor of stage, screen, and television...indeed! To me, he will be best known as Carl Kolchak in The Night Stalker; a close second would his portrayal the Old Man (father) in that timeless classsic, A Christmas Story. Just goes to show how Fra-gee-lay (that's Italian by the way) life can be.

Exit stage left...

Are you all forgetting Kurt Gowdy. He was placed to rest yesterday after the funeral took a detour around Fenway Park. You may be thinking actors, but he was famous, at least to baseball fans. It took someone like him to replace Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese.

Al

Edit: Almost forgot, RIP Darren..

Last edited:
voomvoom said:
Are you all forgetting Kurt Gowdy. He was placed to rest yesterday after the funeral took a detour around Fenway Park. You may be thinking actors, but he was famous, at least to baseball fans. It took someone like him to replace Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese.

Al

Edit: Almost forgot, RIP Darren..
Not forgetting Mr. Gowdy at all,he was definitely famous in his profession,may he R.I.P.,just thinking about actors in this thread.

Last edited:
Very sad that he had to see the hollwood bastardization of Night Stalker. Kolchack and Christmas Story were legendary characters.

R.I.P.

MikeD-C05 said:

1. Don Knotts
2. Darren McGavin
3. ?

Dennis Weaver (Gunsmoke) died in his home of complications from cancer on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)