Proper 2 H3 setup

When a DISH tech installed my two Hopper 3s he said that the two Solo Hubs had to be connected by a coax cable for them to be able to see each other. Is that not true ethanlerma? I knew that a Duo Hub both Hoppers will see each other. So when tech left I removed the two Solos and installed my purchased Duo Hub.
Your way is the better way

Reactions: charlesrshell
My two Hopper 3s are connected with a Duo Hub. Only one H3 is connected to the Internet by Ethernet. Both Hoppers can see each other. It has worked great so far with no Hopper+.

My setup is the same as Charles. My two Hopper3 receivers are connected with a Duo Hub. My Living Room Hopper3 is connected to my router by a cat 6 cable. My Family Room Hopper3 is connected using the moca connection. Both Hopper3 receivers can see each other. Bridging is turned on in both Hopper3 receivers. My Joey3 in my bedroom can connect to either of the two Hopper3 receivers. All 3 receivers have a fixed I/P address and achieve download speeds of 260 Mbps. This setup has worked great for many years.

My setup is the same as Charles. My two Hopper3 receivers are connected with a Duo Hub. My Living Room Hopper3 is connected to my router by a cat 6 cable. My Family Room Hopper3 is connected using the moca connection. Both Hopper3 receivers can see each other. Bridging is turned on in both Hopper3 receivers. My Joey3 in my bedroom can connect to either of the two Hopper3 receivers. All 3 receivers have a fixed I/P address and achieve download speeds of 260 Mbps. This setup has worked great for many years.
All my DISH equipment have reserved IPs setup in my router too.

Reactions: HipKat
well tech left, No Joey 4 upgrade tech replace DP42 ground the DP42 cause it was never grounded , both hybrid solo hubs recapped few lines. LNB was replaced cause it condensation in them. and bracket was tightend up cause it was loose Before he left he saw VOD lock up i was talking about. Both 4K joeys where replace with 4k joeys

Gona see if VoD work correctly on joeys now and if the scrambling on most channels stoped and if DVR issue with joey where the frooze up and i had to back live to and back in dvr is fix, I really think this software issue cause was never issue till last 2 builds

I will look in to get duo hybrid hub

Hi, what does reserved IPs mean and how difficult is it to setup? Thanks!
141park it is a setup in your router that reserves an IP address for a device. The device uses that same IP address all the time. It is kind of the same thing if you setup your device with a manual IP address instead of using the DHCP setup method. DHCP changes the device IP address occasionally. It is believed that if a device using the same IP address all the time will have less Internet issues. Most routers have the IP address reservation capability. Look in your router settings for it and figure out how to set the reservation up. Not too difficult to perform.

Reactions: 141park
Now, if you do want the proper installation with Solo’s but communication between the two DVR’s then they both need to be on the same network, either via Ethernet or WiFi, and they should communicate. But at that point you are better off with a Duo Hub so the communication happens over the MoCA network instead of your own, causing unnecessary congestion
I have this installation. My Dish Tech would not use the Duo. It did have congestion problems when I had a slower internet connection(< 25 mbps). Now that I have switched to T-Mobile 5G home Internet with about 100 mbps congestion is not a problem. One H3 is ethernet connected the other is WIFI.

When a DISH tech installed my two Hopper 3s he said that the two Solo Hubs had to be connected by a coax cable for them to be able to see each other. Is that not true @ethanlerma? I knew that a Duo Hub both Hoppers will see each other. So when tech left I removed the two Solos and installed my purchased Duo Hub.
Do you mean the Solo Hub's were connected on their client ports with a coax cable? That would work since both MoCA networks can communicate, but at that point you are accomplishing the same thing a Duo Hub does with extra points of failure.

I have this installation. My Dish Tech would not use the Duo. It did have congestion problems when I had a slower internet connection(< 25 mbps). Now that I have switched to T-Mobile 5G home Internet with about 100 mbps congestion is not a problem. One H3 is ethernet connected the other is WIFI.
Want to add a note on this, when I mentioned possible congestion from the two H3's talking to each other on your own network I did not mean that your internet connection would be a factor, but rather the local network created by your Modem/Router, also known as a LAN (Local Area Network).

From what you posted here, it seams you went from either DSL or a satellite internet provider, and I would not be surprised if you were provided with a Modem only capable of 2.4GHz WiFi and/or 100Mbit Ethernet. Your new TMo service most likely got you a Gateway capable of 1000Mbit Ethernet and 5GHz WiFi, along with an updated CPU/RAM etc. This is what improved the connection speed between local devices, allowing the H3's to communicate a little more efficiently (adding a Duo Hub would still be better, but if it works don't break it).

Last edited:
Reactions: navychop and HipKat
Strange behavoir After ever thing was replaced, DPh42 (replaced), it was also grounded cause it was not. the 2 hybrid solo hubs(replaced) LNB (replaced) cause it had condensation in it and both joey 4k (replaced) Both hopper refused to see each other DVR and both jeoy 4k refuse to see both h3 in whole home tab as it usual took few hours for that to be seen. Moment I actual connected 2nd hopper 3 to internet the next day it all started seeing each or maybe i just never noticed they need to be connect to internet? but that all communicated via moca.

After all was done with tech visit I think only thing that been fixed is the scrambling. pretty sure at this point the DVR freeze up while skiping commericals is software related as this was NEVER an issue in all this time. but for last 2 software build it has been. it also randomly happen on live tv buffer if one rewind back then start skip stuff like commercials. again only on the joeys 4k and the been replaced, if it was hopper 3 issue it would do on the 2 hopper 3 too which it dont VoD playback issue on joey not sure if actual fixed either but at this point i dont care.

The micro jump/skip in live tv ONLY on joeys is still there and rewinding 10secs results in playback being fine.

I gona shelve all this unless thing get way worse, i dont wish to call dish about nothing no one you talk to know what they talking about and reading script off screen and you diffrent info every time you call

The tech that came out been tech for dish for 10 years directly not sub contractor, and he been begging for tech note that only tech can see in all this time, said any notes give to him are note the notes we customer give dish. less they get email from manager or something.

Strange behavoir After ever thing was replaced, DPh42 (replaced), it was also grounded cause it was not. the 2 hybrid solo hubs(replaced) LNB (replaced) cause it had condensation in it and both joey 4k (replaced) Both hopper refused to see each other DVR and both jeoy 4k refuse to see both h3 in whole home tab as it usual took few hours for that to be seen. Moment I actual connected 2nd hopper 3 to internet the next day it all started seeing each or maybe i just never noticed they need to be connect to internet? but that all communicated via moca.

After all was done with tech visit I think only thing that been fixed is the scrambling. pretty sure at this point the DVR freeze up while skiping commericals is software related as this was NEVER an issue in all this time. but for last 2 software build it has been. it also randomly happen on live tv buffer if one rewind back then start skip stuff like commercials. again only on the joeys 4k and the been replaced, if it was hopper 3 issue it would do on the 2 hopper 3 too which it dont VoD playback issue on joey not sure if actual fixed either but at this point i dont care.

The micro jump/skip in live tv ONLY on joeys is still there and rewinding 10secs results in playback being fine.

I gona shelve all this unless thing get way worse, i dont wish to call dish about nothing no one you talk to know what they talking about and reading script off screen and you diffrent info every time you call

The tech that came out been tech for dish for 10 years directly not sub contractor, and he been begging for tech note that only tech can see in all this time, said any notes give to him are note the notes we customer give dish. less they get email from manager or something.
Grounded or not means nothing. In fact, I've seen more issues from grounded systems due to improper grounding and electrical problems in the home. ALso, condensation inside the LNB is normal, just like anything condensates. Actual water leakage is another thing, though.

Grounded or not means nothing. In fact, I've seen more issues from grounded systems due to improper grounding and electrical problems in the home. ALso, condensation inside the LNB is normal, just like anything condensates. Actual water leakage is another thing, though.
there was lactual watter bubbles/droplet we not talking tiny one ones eiether

Scrambling was not fixed last night (sept 12th) Cartoon network around midnight was scrambling all over place so far it only channel i seen scrambling though. I wonder how off dish checks there satlite feeds for issue like scrambling. It took them months and months to sort out there issue with comettv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)