Proper satellite signal strengths

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonydude1966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I've been told that on 99 and 103, you should be in the 85+ range. I'm all over the place on 103:

87, 77, 83, 74, 85, 73, 82, 72,
87, 74, 84, 72, 89, 80

As you can see most are around 85+ but 6 are not. Is this acceptable? I've had D* out here 3 times recently, and the dish was "peaked" twice. The first peaking, I was in the mid 80's on 103, now I have 6 that are sub 80's.

I really dislike calling D* back again. I know the local office manager by name already, but if this is just unacceptable, I suppose I should.

My last issue wasn't resolved, and I've got 1 tech that I don't want back here because we didn't get along. The issue unresolved was a video stutter on some 720p channels that I just found out was effecting many people.

Anyway, I need some advice. I'm paying too much attention to D* lately and want to get onto something else now. Should I just call and get another "peaking."

The signal disparity between the odd and even transponders suggests that you may have an issue with a connector or cable somewhere.

D* won't send anyone out unless my numbers are under 60, or another problem is happening.:(

I was going to go through reporting my original problem since it was still unresolved, but she was going to have me reset my receiver for the millionth time, and she was sounding very hostile towards me, like "what's the problem sir."

Would you still say it's a possible cabling/connector issue even though all my other sat sigs are all pretty equal? Here are the 99's:

86, 82, 86, 84, 85, 85, 81, 86, 85, 85. 88, 86, 90, 91

All the others are over 90-95, so not too worried about those. Again, all consistent across the board, no disparity with odds and evens like the 103.

D* won't send anyone out unless my numbers are under 60, or another problem is happening.:(

I was going to go through reporting my original problem since it was still unresolved, but she was going to have me reset my receiver for the millionth time, and she was sounding very hostile towards me, like "what's the problem sir."

Would you still say it's a possible cabling/connector issue even though all my other sat sigs are all pretty equal? Here are the 99's:

86, 82, 86, 84, 85, 85, 81, 86, 85, 85. 88, 86, 90, 91

All the others are over 90-95, so not too worried about those. Again, all consistent across the board, no disparity with odds and evens like the 103.

I actually wouldn't worry about them.... unless your losing signal.
They are not that far off.
You might check the cable and connections as was mentioned before, also poor signal on one side could also be a failing LNB

Jimbo

I actually wouldn't worry about them.... unless your losing signal.
They are not that far off.
You might check the cable and connections as was mentioned before, also poor signal on one side could also be a failing LNB

Jimbo

Sounds pretty good. I checked all the connections and even went into my attic. The dish connections on my roof are too scary for me without the proper ladder. Last time I went up there I had a 2 or 3 foot space between the top of the 8 foot ladder and the bottom side of my roof. It was easy to get up, but getting down made me nervous, plus my roof was burning hot at the time.:cool:

I suppose I'll keep my $5.99 protection plan for a while. Man, dealing with D* was like dealing with Century, Adelphia, and Time Warner cable, a big hassle.

In the 15 years or so I've had cable/sat, and maybe 4 or 5 tech experiences, not one stands out as helpful. Ok, maybe one where after a failed attempt at fixing my cable, the next tech fixed it right away. That was back in the mid 1990's and turned out to be bad splitters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)