Proper splitter for HR54 and C51-100 ?

Longjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
I use to take my HR24 with an H25 to my vacation cottage and had it setup using a Splitter SWM 4 Way ( MSPLIT4R-03) to send signal to the H25.
I have now switched over to HR54 with a C51-100 mini-client, and when I take them to my cottage, the mini client does not seem to get the signal, so am wondering if I need to use different splitter for it to work as in the past with the the HR24 and H25?
Any advice most appreciated.

That's the correct Splitter --you may check your local rg6 wiring or hook the mini direct to the splitter to see if that works any different -When you first connect the mini does it find the server? or is waiting for signal from the server --Does press the red button on the c51 change anything.

I use to take my HR24 with an H25 to my vacation cottage and had it setup using a Splitter SWM 4 Way ( MSPLIT4R-03) to send signal to the H25.
I have now switched over to HR54 with a C51-100 mini-client, and when I take them to my cottage, the mini client does not seem to get the signal, so am wondering if I need to use different splitter for it to work as in the past with the the HR24 and H25?
Any advice most appreciated.
Longjack,
Can you confirm that the HR54 is connected to the correct port on the Splitter, it needs to be on the DC Bypass connection.
In this case, the HR54 is using the built in Power Inserter, so I believe the coax should come from the HR54 to the Input of the splitter and then the output to the LNB.
The C51-100 can go on any of the others.

It should work. Go and check your wiring from the splitter to the mini.

The mini uses the 600 MHZ band, where as an H25 uses 2.2 GHZ band.

So even though everything is the same, the frequencies are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longjack,
Can you confirm that the HR54 is connected to the correct port on the Splitter, it needs to be on the DC Bypass connection.
In this case, the HR54 is using the built in Power Inserter, so I believe the coax should come from the HR54 to the Input of the splitter and then the output to the LNB.
The C51-100 can go on any of the others.
Just looked closer as it’s been a couple years since I’ve been able to return.
So my old set up with HR24 and H25, has the dish going into one of the splitters 4 outs, and then a short coax to a P121R, and then from the P121R to the now HR54.
Also from one of the the splitter OUTS, the coax runs to the C51-100.
If memory serves me right, do I take the P212R out of configuration, but then does the incoming dish signal go into the Splitter IN, and then the HR54 and C51-100 connect to the Splitters OUT’s?
Thanks again for all the advice, and sorry for the confusion.

So my old set up with HR24 and H25, has the dish going into one of the splitters 4 outs, and then a short coax to a P121R, and then from the P121R to the now HR54.
If memory serves me right, do I take the P212R out of configuration, but then does the incoming dish signal go into the Splitter IN, and then the HR54 and C51-100 connect to the Splitters OUT’s?
With the HR54 having a PI built in, the other one really isn't necessary, but it won't hurt anything if you do use it.
Look closely at your splitter and you'll probably see a line from an output to an input and will say something about a DC bypass.
That is the connection you want to use from the HR54 to the LNB.
The C51-100 will connect to any of the other ports.

That's your problem --when using a PI--power supply (the IRD out) on the power supply should NOT be used --cap it off and connect the HR54 to port 2 of the splitter --or as suggest get rid of the PI-21 and connect the hr54 to port one of the splitter --the HR54 CAN power the LNB on it's own.

That's your problem --when using a PI--power supply (the IRD out) on the power supply should NOT be used --cap it off and connect the HR54 to port 2 of the splitter --or as suggest get rid of the PI-21 and connect the hr54 to port one of the splitter --the HR54 CAN power the LNB on it's own.
Thanks for confirming that, I thought that was the case, but it should work, with or without the addl PI.
I have a HR54 and also use a PI, mainly as a way to not lose signal to my other recvr when rebooting the HR54.
Weather it actually makes a difference, I don't know.

Reactions: vazhog
Longjack,
Just set it up with out the add on Power Insertor, you should be fine.

I just noticed, you said the Client isn't getting the signal .... Is the HR54 working ok then ?

I was thinking the HR54 wasn't working as well.

If the HR54 is working, then your connection at the splitter is ok, you should be able to connect the C51-100 coax to one of the other ports of the splitter and it should fire up.
If for some reason it doesn't, try a different port on the splitter, also check the coax run and ends.

Use a PI-29 as I have one mini and a bunch of hr's with my Hr54 so losing the hr54 as a power supply would kill my system --yours not so much as the client is worthless without the Hr54

My apologies for delayed response but been traveling.
Attached a pic of my wiring, where one of the whites is the LNB, the other white feeds the client, both connected to OUT, the black connected to IN and goes to HR54 because I removed PI from configuration.
So HR54 is working fine, but when firing up client, I get a DirecTV message on client saying it’s setting up, but then a message saying no signal.
What is strange is when I replace the client with a HR24, the HR24 works fine.
Tried swapping black HR54 with the LNB cable so LNB is going to the INPUT, and the HR54 and client are connected to the OUT’s.
I know I’m doing something stupid here, but remain puzzled.
Headed back to cottage in couple weeks, so thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• A03381A4-DDBD-440A-87A1-FF4E4F0B1A16.jpeg
    A03381A4-DDBD-440A-87A1-FF4E4F0B1A16.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 177
My apologies for delayed response but been traveling.
Attached a pic of my wiring, where one of the whites is the LNB, the other white feeds the client, both connected to OUT, the black connected to IN and goes to HR54 because I removed PI from configuration.
So HR54 is working fine, but when firing up client, I get a DirecTV message on client saying it’s setting up, but then a message saying no signal.
What is strange is when I replace the client with a HR24, the HR24 works fine.
Tried swapping black HR54 with the LNB cable so LNB is going to the INPUT, and the HR54 and client are connected to the OUT’s.
I know I’m doing something stupid here, but remain puzzled.
Headed back to cottage in couple weeks, so thanks for any advice.
The in comes from the dish, the out with the line from the in goes to the power inserter or the HR54, and the other outs go to the clients.

The in comes from the dish, the out with the line from the in goes to the power inserter or the HR54, and the other outs go to the clients.
Chip,
If he's using the HR54 (built in PI) for the Power, wouldn't the HR54 go to the "In" and then the other side of the feed going to the dish go on the other side of the bypass ?

Regardless, the Client should go on any of the "Out"s

This is correct with a normal set up using a PI.

If he chooses to use the PI in the HR54, doesn't he make the HR54 line the IN and the out goes to the dish ?

This is correct with a normal set up using a PI.

If he chooses to use the PI in the HR54, doesn't he make the HR54 line the IN and the out goes to the dish ?
The IN is always from the dish, whether there is a power inserter in line or not. It can be before or after the splitter. The HR54 is always on an output.

Reactions: harshness
The IN is always from the dish, whether there is a power inserter in line or not. It can be before or after the splitter. The HR54 is always on an output.
Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if direction would be an issue or not, seeing the Power would come from the HR54 ...
If thats the case then the first option, running from dish to PI or splitter then to HR54 IS the way to go.
Which it sounds like he had at one point.

Hi folks, thx for the help. So just to make sure what I’m hearing here.
The LNB goes to IN, and the HR 54 and client are connected to any of the OUTS?
Thought for sure, I did this, but will try again when I return in a couple weeks and report back.
Many thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)