Proper way to install directv Slimeline swm 3 dish unit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john510

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2013
United States
Is there any videos that you suggest to watch on installing and aligning a new Slimline swm 3 dish and since I don't want ot buy a more expensive alignment sat finder , what is the procedure for that.. I have a older sat finder for the older 18 inch round but don't think that's any good for the new unit.. Any cheap ones on ebay that work for this dish?

The proper meter is very expensive. You can use the signal meter in the receiver/dvr.

I'm not aware of that being an issue. No doubt one of the regular installers will show up here soon.

Technically there is. Per the installers handbook once a receiver boots up connected to the lnb, the lnb will exit pairing mode. I'm not going to argue whether it's possible or not but that's you official answer. The current supported method of peaking a kaku is only to use the aim and to dither. These are in house rules however. We all know other things can be done. Your best bet is to find a local installer and bribe him personally to do it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I used the AP DR App on my find to locate the satellites in the sky. I then aimed the dish at 101 and slowly rotated and angled it until I got a strong signal on 101.

I then slightly adjusted the tilt until 99 and 103 came in. Just mm of movement makes a huge difference.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Technically there is. Per the installers handbook once a receiver boots up connected to the lnb, the lnb will exit pairing mode. I'm not going to argue whether it's possible or not but that's you official answer. The current supported method of peaking a kaku is only to use the aim and to dither. These are in house rules however. We all know other things can be done. Your best bet is to find a local installer and bribe him personally to do it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

REALLY ???
Seriously ???

Theres a problem if you don't use thier meter ? Imagine that ....

People have been setting up recvrs all the way back to the very first without a meter, now they want to tell you you shouldn't do that ? :rolleyes:

REALLY ???
Seriously ???

Theres a problem if you don't use thier meter ? Imagine that ....

People have been setting up recvrs all the way back to the very first without a meter, now they want to tell you you shouldn't do that ? :rolleyes:

Jimbo, Believe it or not that is in house rules. They don't even want us using birdogs anymore for some reason. Like kitty said, we all know the truth, he was just stating the rule is all :)

Jimbo, Believe it or not that is in house rules. They don't even want us using birdogs anymore for some reason. Like kitty said, we all know the truth, he was just stating the rule is all :)

However, the rules don't apply outside of the work environment.
If your setting up your own, they can't tell you that you have to now suddenly use THIER meter or it's not gonna work.

Of course they don't want you to use the Birdog anymore, you've already paid for the perfectly good unit AND seeing they OWN the AIM rights.

So, what are you doing with your NOW USELESS Birdog you've used all along ?

Are you selling it for cheap seeing is according to them, isn't good enough ?

Or .... do you hang on to it, just in case you may need it someday when the AIM battery dies and you can't use it for however long it takes to charge ?

However, the rules don't apply outside of the work environment.
If your setting up your own, they can't tell you that you have to now suddenly use THIER meter or it's not gonna work.

Of course they don't want you to use the Birdog anymore, you've already paid for the perfectly good unit AND seeing they OWN the AIM rights.

So, what are you doing with your NOW USELESS Birdog you've used all along ?

Are you selling it for cheap seeing is according to them, isn't good enough ?

Or .... do you hang on to it, just in case you may need it someday when the AIM battery dies and you can't use it for however long it takes to charge ?

I still have mine. Never know when you go camping when somebody could walk up and need a dish peaked in. Quick $20! Mines programmed for both directv and dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts