Props to CEO address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mlb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Kettering, Ohio
I had to have a dish tech back out at my house yesterday because my 625 was locking up on a daily basis. Unfortunately I've been travelling a lot lately so I had not called up the support in the first 90 days after installation, thus they wanted to charge the $30. The tech came in and immediately saw that the original installation tech had hooked up a rg59 cable from the diplexer to the dish satellite tuner splitter. He replaced that and told me it needed to be rg6. I emailed the CEO address explaining the situation and saying I don't believe I should be charged for the service call since it was obviously an installation problem (even though it is outside of the 90 day warranty), and I received a reply back that they will credit my account the $30 for the service call.

This was my first time emailing the CEO address and I am very impressed with the results.

:up

They aim to please.

If you called a regular CSR, you MIGHT've gotten the same credit though they might've wanted to check if the tech that rolled to your service call left notes that the original installer indeed used RG-59 for the cabling.

He wrote it on the work order, but I'm not sure how quickly they get a copy of the work order back at Dish HQ. Either way they kept me happy...

Glad to hear things went well! Yeah that something that dont get checked sometimes the cable that is in the home. Some home have older cable it's best to make sure things are on RG6.. Either way glad you got help and The Dish Rocks! :)

Rg59 can cause some quality issues.. But I have never seen it cause a receiver to lock up.. I would certain look at other issues too..

The only time I ever even see RG-59 any more is in prewired houses.. Certainly don't carry any on my truck. Can't imagine an installer actually installing it anywhere.. Now a home contractor building a house is a different story. They just use whatever they have lying around..

Yeah True! Either way it's alway best to make sure your home as the best cable out there.

skyviewmark said:
Rg59 can cause some quality issues.. But I have never seen it cause a receiver to lock up.. I would certain look at other issues too..

The only time I ever even see RG-59 any more is in prewired houses.. Certainly don't carry any on my truck. Can't imagine an installer actually installing it anywhere.. Now a home contractor building a house is a different story. They just use whatever they have lying around..

He used the rg59 cable that came with the receiver to run to the TV. Other than that, it was all rg6.

mlb said:
I received a reply back that they will credit my account the $30 for the service call.
dont forget to check your next paperbill to see if you actually got credit, dish says one thing then does the other all the time

mlb said:
He used the rg59 cable that came with the receiver to run to the TV. Other than that, it was all rg6.

He used the 3 ft jumper to run from the receiver to the TV.. Well that certainly won't cause lockups.. May not be the best Picture Quality.. But it would work with no problem.. Now if he ran it, say from the wall to the receiver.. Then that would be more of a problem. RG59 will carry the picture fine.. Just not the sat signal.

Not trying to put anyone down here. Just not so sure that your lockup problems are caused by this piece of RG-59. Your troubles may not be over, unless something else has been fixed.. Maybe I am just missing something here on the way it is run

Last edited:
skyviewmark said:
He used the 3 ft jumper to run from the receiver to the TV.. Well that certainly won't cause lockups.. May not be the best Picture Quality.. But it would work with no problem.. Now if he ran it, say from the wall to the receiver.. Then that would be more of a problem. RG59 will carry the picture fine.. Just not the sat signal.

Not trying to put anyone down here. Just not so sure that your lockup problems are caused by this piece of RG-59. Your troubles may not be over, unless something else has been fixed.. Maybe I am just missing something here on the way it is run

I'm a moron, not sure why I typed from the receiver to the TV. The RG59 runs from the diplexer to the satellite feed splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)