prospective dish customer needs answers

ronsnbrd

Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
I am having great difficulty finding consistent answers to my questions.:confused:
I plan to go with flex tv so I won't be eligible for promotion prices (that I know of) and I don't plan on signing up for anything that I don't have to. I am interested only in HD.

1. What is the monthly charge for having one 722? For 2?
2. What is the monthly charge for Turbo bronze HD?
3. If I am in the Palm Springs area, what locals do I get? Do I have a choice?
4. Can I get stations like ESPN, GOLF, or VS individually without taking the pack that they are part of? If so, for how much?
5. What is a GDMP account and how is it set up?
6. Can I get Center Ice with flex TV?

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

1) Just the DVR fee for one at $5.99 although if you have two you're looking at the HD additional receiver fee at $7 and two DVR fees on a monthly basis.

2) I'm not seeing it as an option to select when building an account but presuming you can get it somehow it'd be $29.99 .

3) You'd get the locals in Palm Springs and no you really don't have a choice, technically at least.

4) GDMP = Green Dot Money Payment. I know that they sell prepaid VISA & Mastercards but I'm not familiar with the GDMP system

5) Yes

question 4 is a definite NO, you have to have the accompanying package to receive the channels.

Be great if you could just pick some stations, but neither dish or direct let you do it and probably never will.

1) Just the DVR fee for one at $5.99 although if you have two you're looking at the HD additional receiver fee at $7 and two DVR fees on a monthly basis.

2) I'm not seeing it as an option to select when building an account but presuming you can get it somehow it'd be $29.99 .

3) You'd get the locals in Palm Springs and no you really don't have a choice, technically at least.

4) GDMP = Green Dot Money Payment. I know that they sell prepaid VISA & Mastercards but I'm not familiar with the GDMP system

5) Yes

Thanks, but some clarification please. I see Turbo HD bronze with DVR on some bills posted on another site for $39.99. Does this include the DVR fee of $5.99? Does it include anything else? I also see different charges for DVR such as $5 and $12. Is this some kind of grandfathering or a special deal? On this site turbohd_gold
it gives the $29.99 price. Why would it not be an option?

Thanks, but some clarification please. I see Turbo HD bronze with DVR on some bills posted on another site for $39.99. Does this include the DVR fee of $5.99? Does it include anything else? I also see different charges for DVR such as $5 and $12. Is this some kind of grandfathering or a special deal? On this site turbohd_gold
it gives the $29.99 price. Why would it not be an option?

The $39.99 does not include the DVR fee and I believe the $39.99 is the correct price, I had remembered it incorrectly. I'm not saying that you can't get the Turbo HD package, it's just that Dish is no longer actively promoting the package. It is possible that come February of next year when Dish makes programming & pricing changes on a regular basis that if you have the Turbo HD package you will not be able to upgrade to a different Turbo HD package since they may not be available. You'll probably be able to keep your programming package provided you don't make any programming changes that would change your package. The price listed on the link is on a retailer site and not on Dish's site and is likely out of date.

The 39.99 does include the DVR fee as well as the locals

I have turbo silver with a 722K and local channels and this is what is on my bill:
TurboHD Silver With DVR TurboHD Silver - 49.99

As for individual channels, you have to have the package to get them
ESPN is in the bronze packages
GOLF is in the silver
VS is in the gold.

As for ordering turbo, nsa has it right. You can't order the package online anymore but they are able to still give it if you call dish at their main #.

question 4 is a definite NO, you have to have the accompanying package to receive the channels.

Be great if you could just pick some stations, but neither dish or direct let you do it and probably never will.

Really it's ABC/Disney that will never allow ESPN or any of its channels to be sold a la carte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)