Protection Plan

.Andy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Los Angeles CA 6
Do you keep it? I live in CA and the weather is usually very good so I don't imagine it will need to be realigned. There has been some issues and they replaced the joey the first month but its not my fault. I presume you can add it at anytime right?

Do you keep it? I live in CA and the weather is usually very good so I don't imagine it will need to be realigned. There has been some issues and they replaced the joey the first month but its not my fault. I presume you can add it at anytime right?
Yes you can add it on the same phone call that says that someone needs to come out. You don't need it...

I have not had it in a very long time, and I am in Phoenix... If you ever need it, you can add it on at that time, and they tend to offer the tech for free if you add it on.

And if you have been an long time customer, they will waive any charges if you ask them to.

Whabout the 25$ cancelation fee? Considering a visit is 95 $35 is a lot cheaper but this is annoying change I didn't realize when signing iup. even greedy att and comcast didn't charge me for technician visits.

Whabout the 25$ cancelation fee? Considering a visit is 95 $35 is a lot cheaper but this is annoying change I didn't realize when signing iup. even greedy att and comcast didn't charge me for technician visits.
They did, but they did not give you the choice. It is in the bill without any clear distinction.

If you get rid of it after 6 months is it free?

Yes, if you keep it 180 days after calling for service and adding it, you paid $8x6 and when you cancel there is no penalty. Or, you can add it, get the service, pay $8, and then $30 to cancel. Or, you can not add it before the call and then pay $95.

Id just add it, get the call, and then cancel. $38 :).

Yes, if you keep it 180 days after calling for service and adding it, you paid $8x6 and when you cancel there is no penalty. Or, you can add it, get the service, pay $8, and then $30 to cancel. Or, you can not add it before the call and then pay $95.

Id just add it, get the call, and then cancel. $38 :).
Not even... It's prorated so likely $31 max

Humm..mine says 120days

Cancellation: You may cancel this Plan at any time by calling DISH Network at 1¬800-
333-DISH (3474). New Customer: If You cancel this Plan within the first 120 days after your
activation as a New Customer, You shall no longer be charged the monthly service and any
applicable New Customer credits for the Plan shall be ended. Existing Customer: If You
cancel this Plan within 120 days of the receipt of this Plan, You will be charged a
cancellation fee of $25.00. If this Plan was inadvertently sold to You (New or Existing
Customer) on a Product that was not intended to be covered by this Plan, DISH Network will
cancel this Plan and return the full purchase price as applicable of the Plan to You.
10. Renewal: DISH Network will continue to bill You for the Protection Plan on a month-to-
month basis at the then-current price until You notify DISH Network of Your desire to
cancel.

What's stupid is that DISH allows a customer to sign up for the protection plan only when they need it. That's a business model that wouldn't work in many industries.
Directv does the same thing.

IMO there shouldn't even be a protection plan.
Unless they want to turn all the equipment over to me.
Then I'll pay extra to protect my equipment.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: pattykay
Directv does the same thing.

IMO there shouldn't even be a protection plan.
Unless they want to turn all the equipment over to me.
Then I'll pay extra to protect my equipment.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I agree there shouldn't be a proplan, and they should add the cost of a tech in with the regular bill to subsidize, but to be fair, the PP covers mostly customer owned equipment such as the dish and cabling.

I agree there shouldn't be a proplan, and they should add the cost of a tech in with the regular bill to subsidize, but to be fair, the PP covers mostly customer owned equipment such as the dish and cabling.
Well for the $100 the proplan cost a year,
I bought a brand New Duo Node, $15, EA LNB $30, 500 feet solid copper core RG6, $40.

Plus I already have compression tool, coax stripper, and about 500 F connectors that I bought from a old Directv installer for $80 2 years ago.

So I'm good. I don't need to give out protection plan money.
Now Directv would swap out defective receivers without protection plan, with a $20 shipping charge.
Not sure what Dish does.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)