Proxy Server Connections Issues and drop-outs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kwatts

Original poster
May 7, 2006
I'm trying to use the XM Online software (1.7) through a standard http proxy server and am getting "Error 400 attempting to log into XM Online web site. Error XMO102"

I can connect if I am on a direct internet connection and remove the proxy address from the configuration.

An Ethereal packet trace of the conection attempt reveals the issue:

-----------------
<html><head><title>InterScan Error</title></head>

<body><h2>InterScan Error</h2>

InterScan HTTP Version 3.8-Build_3013 $Date: 01/20/2004 13:22:0038$</p>

Unknown URL type: /xstream/index.jsp</p>

</body></html>

--------------------
As you can see, there is no address or protocol identifier in the URL provided to the proxy server. It is still a relative link.

There is precious little documentation about using a proxy with the online products.

Regular dropouts every 7 minutes or so

I've been having an issue with the XMonline version ever since I bought it. The media stream stops after about 7 minutes of play, then reconnects and rebuffers causing long silent holes in the recording. I have sent in a support request to TT and they said they would escalate to Level 2. I still haven't heard anything from for three days now. I thought I would resort the this board in hopes of finding the answer.

First, the dropouts happen no matter where I am (I travel a LOT). It also doesn't matter which computer I am on or if the firewall and antivirus software is deactivated.

What's very interesting is that it DOES NOT happen with the XM player on the XM website.

In the debug log, I see this:

7646.05 WMP_StatusChange
7646.16 WMP_MediaError Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.
7646.25 WMP_Error Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.
7646.26 WMP_PlayStateChange 10
7646.26 WMP_StatusChange Ready
7646.27 Loss of stream, restarting
7646.28 Winsock Stream Error 10057 No connection established with remote host

I have attached a complete debug log from the time I invoke TT online until the issue happens and then I close TT. I removed all of my login and session info for obvious reasons.

This issue is driving me nuts. Please help me keep my sanity!

Attachments

• TimeTrax2006-05-10_0158.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 505

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)