PS VUE + AMAZON PRIME + TABLO

Yeah, but do they deliver in 2 days and on Sundays?
Priority mail is 2 day delivery, and if your eBay seller uses Amazon logistics you can get it on Sunday.

I'm not going to argue that Amazon isn't good for getting you product fast in a pinch, but do you need all of your orders with that speed of delivery?

I only point it out because we're in a thread talking about saving money by getting TV from a bunch of cheaper sources (Amazon, Vue, buying a Tablo and paying for the guide data if you want to do series recordings?) instead of the more expensive convenience of paying a single supplier (DirecTV/Dish), then turning around and doing all your shopping with a single supplier for convenience and ignoring the higher prices for many/most of the products.

Reactions: tcat007
I used to use eBay often as a buyer and seller.

Once seller protection basically went to nothing, I rarely use them as a buyer now either.

Amazon is much better for both imo.

And on topic, it's great for video and other things too. :D

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I only point it out because we're in a thread talking about saving money by getting TV from a bunch of cheaper sources (Amazon, Vue, buying a Tablo and paying for the guide data if you want to do series recordings?) instead of the more expensive convenience of paying a single supplier (DirecTV/Dish), then turning around and doing all your shopping with a single supplier for convenience and ignoring the higher prices for many/most of the products.

For me, there's a big difference between using 3-4 different established providers (Netflix, Sony, Dish, Amazon) for my streaming video content and searching all over the internet for each and every item I buy online. As a freelancer, time is literally money for me. If it's a big ticket item, sure, I'd look at other online retailers, but only established e-tailers with good return policies (Best Buy, NewEgg, Costco, etc.) I've only ever used Ebay for video games. I can't imagine buying anything else there with confidence. It always felt like a crap shoot spending <$20 on a used or supposedly new video game.

Amazon just announced a discount for people on government assistance.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/blakemontg...amazon-prime-if-youre-on?utm_term=.dwqaajYmZ#.

I have to say this will piss me off and I can't imagine being the only one it pisses off.

If they want to allow people to use their EBT to purchase prime, a different matter (different argument then) but to discount it, is so wrong and I would imagine people will let Amazon know how wrong this is at every level.

It pays for itself many times over for us as well when I count business ordering. I'd have it even if it didn't offer video and all the other perks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I remember years ago I must have signed up for a free trial in order to get free shipping. Of course I forgot about it and it continued without me remembering. I think I was buying something on there like a year later and noticed I was getting free shipping, then I checked my credit card statement to see that I had paid for the membership. After that I took more advantage of it and realized how awesome it was. A few years after that I saw the Amazon Instant Video service and thought it was a good idea. I looked into it and realized I got it with my membership and it was like getting a Christmas present.

It's even better now because on certain items I even get free 1 day shipping. Just this week I bought my wife something in the afternoon and got it the next morning. How awesome is that?

I have to say this will piss me off and I can't imagine being the only one it pisses off.

If they want to allow people to use their EBT to purchase prime, a different matter (different argument then) but to discount it, is so wrong and I would imagine people will let Amazon know how wrong this is at every level.

I personally don't see the difference between this and when retailers offer discounts to seniors, students, or Auto Club members. Certainly no differences big enough to rise to the level of being wrong at every level in comparison.

I personally don't see the difference between this and when retailers offer discounts to seniors, students, or Auto Club members. Certainly no differences big enough to rise to the level of being wrong at every level in comparison.

Because that is TAX PAYERS money. Big difference.

I'm a taxpayer and Amazon offering a discount to someone on government assistance doesn't cost me a dime. They can't use the EBT card to pay for the subscription so the taxpayer is not paying for it. Keep in mind that most people with EBT cards are also taxpayers. They just don't earn enough money to make it.

Reactions: Zookster

Amazon could have just as easily extended the discount to anyone below the federal poverty level. But to avoid having people submit their latest tax return, Amazon is simply using the government-vetted EBT status (and similar programs) as a means of pre-qualifying customers. I still don't see the difference when compared to offering discounts to students, seniors, and military who often benefit from various government assistance programs (social security for seniors; federal grants and low-interest loans for students; VA benefits for military).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)