PS3 BluRay will upconvert DVDs!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Exactly. If your HDTV does a good job of upconverting it's likely you won't notice any difference (or you may even notice a negative difference) if and when PS3 upconverting occurs.

Have you guys ever watched a well encoded DVD upconverted on a good upconverting player? :confused:

I first got a Denon upconverting player almost 4 years ago, and was blown away by the quality. At the time, it third only to OTA HDTV broadcasts followed by cable/satellite HD for PQ. I've since replaced it with a player that upconverts even better, and also play high def DVD's from that "other" high def format.

OK, my HDTV is only 1080i, it's 3 years old, and it's only a Sony. But all it does is enlarge the image to fill the screen. There's just no comparison to a good quality upconverting player. :hungry:

I doubt that the PS3 will ever upconvert better than my JVC, or as well as your Denon.

Upconversion looks good on PS3

I have a sony DVD player and a PS3. There is a consideriable amount of difference in the picture quality with the PS3. The upconversion is so good, I don't even use my sony DVD player any more to watch DVDs. Some of the DVDs are almost Blue-Ray quality. The older Blue-Ray movies anyway.

I have a sony DVD player and a PS3. There is a consideriable amount of difference in the picture quality with the PS3. The upconversion is so good, I don't even use my sony DVD player any more to watch DVDs. Some of the DVDs are almost Blue-Ray quality. The older Blue-Ray movies anyway.

umm, as much as i love sony, i hate to tell you that it actually doens't upconvert the DVD's, but welcome to the forum

:rolleyes: This might say more about the quality of the Sony DVD player than the PS3....... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)