PS3 BluRay will upconvert DVDs!

Exactly. If your HDTV does a good job of upconverting it's likely you won't notice any difference (or you may even notice a negative difference) if and when PS3 upconverting occurs.

Have you guys ever watched a well encoded DVD upconverted on a good upconverting player? :confused:

I first got a Denon upconverting player almost 4 years ago, and was blown away by the quality. At the time, it third only to OTA HDTV broadcasts followed by cable/satellite HD for PQ. I've since replaced it with a player that upconverts even better, and also play high def DVD's from that "other" high def format.

OK, my HDTV is only 1080i, it's 3 years old, and it's only a Sony. But all it does is enlarge the image to fill the screen. There's just no comparison to a good quality upconverting player. :hungry:

I doubt that the PS3 will ever upconvert better than my JVC, or as well as your Denon.

Upconversion looks good on PS3

I have a sony DVD player and a PS3. There is a consideriable amount of difference in the picture quality with the PS3. The upconversion is so good, I don't even use my sony DVD player any more to watch DVDs. Some of the DVDs are almost Blue-Ray quality. The older Blue-Ray movies anyway.

I have a sony DVD player and a PS3. There is a consideriable amount of difference in the picture quality with the PS3. The upconversion is so good, I don't even use my sony DVD player any more to watch DVDs. Some of the DVDs are almost Blue-Ray quality. The older Blue-Ray movies anyway.

umm, as much as i love sony, i hate to tell you that it actually doens't upconvert the DVD's, but welcome to the forum

:rolleyes: This might say more about the quality of the Sony DVD player than the PS3....... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)