PS3 flops in Europe

Yes I know they have a blue tooth remote and yes I have heard it works well. What is the point?

My point is most universal remotes are IR and this box should have been able to respond to IR commands. There has been a great demand for this according to the Logitech rep I spoke with the other day. Bluetooth may be the future of remote technology, who knows, but right now IR is basically the standard.

THis is a really, really late post on this topic.

Are the European prices listed with VAT? VAT is usually used in retail pricing for products; and the taxes off of the mark would make the PS3 not much more expensive in base unit cost when you normalize for the VAT.

Cheers,

Didn't Sony themselves estimate total PS3 sales by the end of 2007 at 6 million?

Which would be 40% less that Microsoft promised to deliver (and succeeded by 12/31/06) of 10 million units. Forget hitting levels that the PS2 achieved at that stage in its' cycle.... they can't even beat the 360 much less the Wii which is on pace to blow through 10 million sooner than that....?

Which would be 40% less that Microsoft promised to deliver (and succeeded by 12/31/06) of 10 million units. Forget hitting levels that the PS2 achieved at that stage in its' cycle.... they can't even beat the 360 much less the Wii which is on pace to blow through 10 million sooner than that....?

Sony is in a state of denial if they think they'll sell 6 million. Even after their modest launch in Europe, sales dropped 82% in the second week.

PlayStation 3 hardware sales plummet 82 per cent

GameIndustry.biz 03/04/2007

Sales of the PlayStation 3 have dropped dramatically on the second week of release in the UK, with official Chart Track figures revealing a fall of 82 per cent. A spokesperson for Chart Track confirmed the figure to GamesIndustry.biz this afternoon, stating: "Yes, sales of PS3 hardware have dropped by 82 per cent."

"We publish the first week figures because there's such a clamour for them that we can't keep it a secret," said the spokesperson.

This week's software charts revealed that sales of the top two PlayStation 3 titles, Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm, had dropped by over 60 per cent.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe declined to comment.
:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)