PS3 Premium Online Services

The Netflix fee is BS! I bought my PS3 on Black Friday as a BR player and for Netflix, mainly. I had read XMB access was coming, but NOT that you would have to pay for it!

And limiting demos to paying customers? That's just stupid. Who wouldn't want commercials going out to the biggest audience possible?

My Sony stock will NEVER recover..............

What's the link for the survey?

I back mine up weekly to an external HD. Can you not copy your save files to a SD card?
For the 360? No. You can get an external memory card, but then you have to deal with having to keep your files up to date, something I failed to do with my Wii a while back..

This was innevitable, how can a company maintain all those services without receiving any money from the users? Just from the game sales? If you enjoy the service you pay for it, if not ask the WoW players that pay $15 per month.

That's just the thing Tom. If it was paying for the right to game online I kinda get it. I expect that is the largest cost (servers and infestructure), but that isn't what they are asking people to pay for. They are asking people to pay for a bunch of crap that most people won't want. And I totally agree with yaz96 on the demos. This is a way for them to advertise their new products. If I like the demo I buy the game!

I don't play any games on my PS3. I got it for Blu-rays and for my nephew to play games.

Yeah, the Netflix thing is BS though if that ends up being included.

I think option 2 is pretty nice, but I havent spent any money on PSN ever, so I'm not sure I ever will at this point.

'Full title demos' I suspect is just a DRM wrapper on some of the full games that are on PSN (like PAIN) that have no demos... so really they'd just be approaching Xbox Live parity with their mandatory 'every game has to have a demo' policy.

In all, I don't see this ending well, a lot of the people who've dismissed the earlier reports of fees for PSN assumed it was for MMOs from SCEA... they were very wrong.

I assume you can still do free Netflix with the disc inserted, the Premium part will be using Netflix without having to insert the disc.

Yes, but why should I have to pay NOT to use the disc, if it's available and more convenient. I would think Netflix would have something to say about this as well.

doubt it will happen, One of the buying points for PS3 is the fact that online is free and it has been said before that they wouldn't ever charge for it.

I don't like the idea that you'd have to pay to have access to demos of PSN games. XBL was smart to require all their Arcade games have demos. I'm not going to throw down >$15 on a game I don't even know if I'll like.

Well this is what you get when you want to have the gaming experience. For that experience, you have to pay for the greed. I want to know is, who the hell is doing the thinking for sony with gaming? I can have all the free multiplay, but I have to pay to download a demo. That guy or girl needs a piss test.

You know the more I think about this the madder I get..I really dont mind paying monthly for stuff, as I have done it for YEARS with xbox....but 10 bucks a month? really? RIP OFF...especially for what they are maybe going to charge for (netflix without disk, and other stupid little things like a three year warranty).

Oh and Member only in game content is something spectacular too!

I thought about this more too and really think charging a premium service fee for game demo access will greatly inhibit Sony's ability to attract new, casual, non-traditional gamers like the Wii did so successfully.

Speaking from personal experience, I would have never put as much of my discretionary spending into games and accessories after I bought my PS3 two years ago as a BD player had I not been able to demo games merely to see if I was even capable of playing them. (I hadn't owned a game console since the first Atari and didn't game on PC.) Since then I've even started pre-ordering games from my favorite franchises (R&C, Uncharted) and video games are #1 on my B-day and x-mas gift list whereas two years ago I was more into getting CDs/DVDs.

The PSN network has been down in a lot of places this past few days. My nephew hasn't been able to get on since the 22nd.

Well that blows! All the new games people got for Christmas I guess? I haven't been home so I'm not sure.

I haven't played online, but I've bought some DLC with a PSN gift card the past couple days without any issues...naturally buying content will always work. ;)