PS3 Problems

SkiDoo2001

Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
about a month and a half ago i brought a ps3, took it to a friend's house and set it up on his 52" toshiba and when he plugged the red output in, it shorted out that port on the tv and fried the ps3 console so the next day i took it back to best buy and got a new one, came back and hooked it up the same way but only in the back of the tv and it blew the picture tube out on the tv and also the ps3. i called sony and they had me ship it to them for testing, well last friday(4/27) they called me back and said there was a large amount of damage done to the ps3 and that they would refund me my money and send me a new one but said i was s.o.l on the tv, anyone ever heard of this happening and what i could do to get sony to work with me on this, also the tv is maybe 3 yrs old at the most

about a month and a half ago i brought a ps3, took it to a friend's house and set it up on his 52" toshiba and when he plugged the red output in, it shorted out that port on the tv and fried the ps3 console so the next day i took it back to best buy and got a new one, came back and hooked it up the same way but only in the back of the tv and it blew the picture tube out on the tv and also the ps3. i called sony and they had me ship it to them for testing, well last friday(4/27) they called me back and said there was a large amount of damage done to the ps3 and that they would refund me my money and send me a new one but said i was s.o.l on the tv, anyone ever heard of this happening and what i could do to get sony to work with me on this, also the tv is maybe 3 yrs old at the most

Odd. Were the machines unplugged while making the connections? Were you using a RGB connector or the supplied (composite) connector? Could have tried to feed a audio (RED) connector to a video input.

sounds like a short maybe in the tv or power problem where its connected. I dont think this is a Ps3 problem as you had two of them that blew the tv.

I've never heard of any problems like that so far....not from the ps3 forums or this forums yet...

i was using all the supplied cords and i also had everything plugged in then i turned the unit on, i not sure what to do, do i jus take the loss on a new tv and forget about it or should i try to fight it?? any help would be great thanks.........

i was using all the supplied cords and i also had everything plugged in then i turned the unit on, i not sure what to do, do i jus take the loss on a new tv and forget about it or should i try to fight it?? any help would be great thanks.........

The supplied cables do NOT include a cable for HDTV. You would need to buy a cable. Either a HDMI cable or a Component cable.

Just a thougt here, are you sure you were not plugging in the right channel output of the PS3 output to the red input of your componet in on the HDTV? It is possible that if you did that you might have gotten feedback that could of shorted out the audio circuit in the PS3 thereby providing a dead short feedback in the componet input on the tv which in turn would of shorted out the tv video circuit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts