PS3 Tech Demo = WOW!!!!!!!!!

Cliff Notes version so far:

XBox 360 - Releasing November 2005. Price unknown. All games 16:9 optimized HDTV 720p, 1080i. Digital surround. 4 Wireless controllers. 2 levels of XBox Live (1 free, 1 pay). Detachable 20 GB hard drive. Progressive scan DVD playback. 3 USB ports. Access all content from Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PCs (TV, HDTV, music, video, photos). Backwards compatible with "best selling" XBox games.

PS3 - Release spring 2006. Price rumor $450-460. 1080P HDMI Dual Screen output (as well as all other resolutions). Digital surround. 7 wireless Bluetooth inputs. PSP can be used as a controller. HD slot. Blu-Ray DVD player. 6 USB ports. Memory Stick, SD, CompactFlash slots. Backwards compatible with PS1 & PS2 games.

Revolution - Release spring 2006. Not much info released yet. Nintendo has been stating it will be a truly different way to play games. Price unknown. HD output. Free Wi-Fi service. Wireless controllers. DVD player (with add-on module). SD cards. Backward compatible with all GameCube games. Able to download the entire Nintendo library (NES, Super NES, N64).

I loved the PS3 demo. Cant see me getting Dual Screen's anytime soon.

Xbox 360 is sounding better now that we know it can play most of the good titles.

The revolution I have no opinion on. the gamecube for the most part was a system for the kids. And I am sure downloading the Nintendo Library will cost $$$) :)

Well, GC is for everyone, not for kids, unlike the other two systems which doesn't really work out for very youngs. HEck, even I, the forever PC-gamer have one under my bed-TV...

I owned all of them for a short period of time - PS2 spent 24-48 hours and been exchanged to an Xbox which spent few days longer and been sold to somebody.
The difference is Xbox was bulky, hot and lame but closer to a low-res cheap PC graphics, PS2 sported 10x more titles than other two together but gfx looks like crap, compared to any PC.
GC was dirt cheap and small, so it stucked finally. Last time I switched on was around early this year, I guess. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts