PS4 Owners Thread

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
So I got my PS4 a couple days early courtesy of Taco Bell but I figure that many other Satellite Guys will be getting theirs in the next couple days. I thought people might like to post their launch experience here. Did you preorder or maybe tough it out at a midnight release? Did your preorder show up on time or maybe even early? Do you have a crazy midnight launch story? What games did you pick up to play with your new system? Post some pictures of your setup if you want to.

I haven't actually played a game yet but I did test out a few things and check out the store. I received Knack for free along with a 12 month PS+ code. After trying to activate the code I found out that PS+ isn't including PS4 support until the actual launch date of November 15th. I was hoping to download the free games, Resogun and Contrast, so I have a few more games to play but it looks like I have to wait a few days. I am still waiting to see which game Gamefly sends out to me before buying anything on the PSN store. If it isn't Killzone I will be downloading that as soon as I know.

Here are some pictures of everything that came in the box from Taco Bell and the PS4 sitting in its new home.

IMG_0483.JPGIMG_0484.JPGIMG_0485.JPGIMG_0486.JPGIMG_0487.JPGIMG_0492.JPG

OH please... let's just call this thread what it REALLY is: "King3pj's Nyah Nyah I Got My PS4 Before You Did!" Thread!:D

Don't forget about my particular screenshot request.. ;)

We're you able to upload the 1.50 patch yet?

Yes. It took about a minute to download the 323 MB update and then about 15-20 minutes to complete the entire update/initial setup process. Part of this was linking my old PSN account, setting this as my primary PS4, and linking my Facebook profile. I was glad to be able to download this update today before the masses get their hands on the PS4. I have never been that impressed with the PSN download speeds and thousands of people trying to update at the same time might temporarily cripple their servers. Thankfully this process was fast and smooth for me

I hear Knack is getting lackluster reviews. I'll be interested in hearing your take. I'm actually partial to family-friendly action platformers (I still play LEGO and Ratchet & Clank games), but I've never felt too excited about Knack, though I'd certainly play it if it was free.

And THIS is why you should have kept your other PS4 preorder like I said! You just missed out on turning $400 into $699!! :deal:

I bet YOU feel pretty stupid and unlucky now don't you!?

Yeah if I would have kept it this Taco Bell PS4 would still be in the box and listed for sale right now. I bet I could get a pretty decent price on local Craig's List before the system is released.

I hear Knack is getting lackluster reviews. I'll be interested in hearing your take. I'm actually partial to family-friendly action platformers (I still play LEGO and Ratchet & Clank games), but I've never felt too excited about Knack, though I'd certainly play it if it was free.

The IGN review was 5.9 which is pretty disappointing. I was hoping this would bring me back to the Crash Bandicoot days. I'll get into it and maybe some Killzone tonight.

I just got an email from Gamefly saying NBA 2K14 was sent out today. This was the #7 PS4 game in my queue and the first 6 were passed over. It wasn't my first choice but according to IGN it's in the running for prettiest next gen game. This will probably be delivered on Friday or Saturday.

The IGN review was 5.9 which is pretty disappointing. I was hoping this would bring me back to the Crash Bandicoot days. I'll get into it and maybe some Killzone tonight.

I just got an email from Gamefly saying NBA 2K14 was sent out today. This was the #7 PS4 game in my queue and the first 6 were passed over. It wasn't my first choice but according to IGN it's in the running for prettiest next gen game. This will probably be delivered on Friday or Saturday.

Let me know what you think of Killzone, that game was in my preorder before I cancelled, really interested in that one.

I'm curious about that game myself based on gameplay footage I've seen, though I've never played a basketball video game... at least not since the Atari 2600. :p

And don't forget your PS3-PS4 cross-buy games, if you own them: Flow, Flower, Escape Plan, and Sound Shapes.

As of yesterday's store update, Flower is also now available for Vita as a cross-buy. I tried out the first level last night and really enjoyed it. It's been four years since I played Flower, so it's nice to revisit it. Still holds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts