Public Interest Channels w/SkyAngel-Only

NASA you can
Angel One is another

The rest are scrambled. To get C-Span and the other PI channels you have to subscribe to something on Dish.

This is pretty old, but it is not true. You can get the PI channels from a tech support person. I used that route to get mine. I pay dish about $18 every month so I can use my 2 522 machines, so I should I am "their customer". I also have an account on dishnetwork.com. I did get a CSR to refuse me when I first tried, but I just jumped to the tech support lady on my second attempt and it worked.

Brad

Andrews777

My response was to the above post by MellowYBird
We're thinking of cancelling our Sky Angel. When and IF we do, can I just turn my DISH to receive any free channel? Like in particular NASA television? or maybe C-Span? etc...

Which if he cancels Sky Angel there is no account and he can get Angel One & NASA. Those are both able to be picked up on a previously subbed box but the rest of the PI channels are not.

Oops. That will show me not to jump in old conversations I don't understand. :)

The reason I did reply is that Dish initially told me I could not have the channels.

Brad

I have a novice question here . . . I'm looking at the above posts about these free channels and am I right that I would need at least two more dishes up pointed at 100 and 119 degrees? I do have two more dishes that I've gotten from free-cycle and I also have the boxes. However, will these boxes work? One has the old card and the other has no card at all. Is there any way to make these work? By the way, I'm a Sky Angel subscriber.

Thanks for your help!

you only need one receiver, such as the one that you already have for Sky Angel.

You would have to pay dish network for the additional receivers if you wanted to use them.

You only need a dish 500 aimed at both 110 and 119 and the appropriate switches to make your current receiver work.
Bob

You can get the PI channels on 61.5 without even having the extra dishes. However with the extra dishes, you can get the additional PI channels. I really like the Starfish Network which is on 61.5.

Why did you call the commercial side? Is it a commercial account??
From Dish's point of view, it's B2B Dish to SA. Calling the commercial side is the only way I got a competent CS rep who knew something. No, wait. Once I called a regular CS rep and as soon as she heard the words "Sky Angel" she transferred me to the commercial side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)