pulling my hair our!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccrocket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
pulling my hair out!

OK I have found my TS Sat which is T6. When I put in USAlS for another I didn't have sig. I played around sat with it for two hours last night. Does any one have any idea? I have just about to give up :(

MAke sure you have correctly entered your latitude and longitude and SAVED this as your reference position.

Latitude should be North
Longitude should be West.

If USALS is not working for you try DiSEqC 1.2 to find and store the satellite positions!

I will try that tonight when I get home for work today. Thanks again for all your help. IS DiSEqC 1.2 the same thing as USALS? I have seen it in the same place as USALS in the sat set up.

so if you're pulling your hair out you look like me then? :)

USALS is an upgraded version of 1.2
1.2 you manually move the dish using the remote, USALS does it for you

Were you able to return to your true south satellite, T-6 and still get a signal? There are many adjustments of the dish that are very critical, and the larger the dish, the more critical they are.
To start off with, with a carpenters level (try to use or borrow a good one) make sure that your mounting post is plumb. (measue it at multiple spots around your pole, noy just two) Then once the motor is mounted, make sure the motor is also plumb. The motor can be out of plumb if the top and bottom motor brackets are tighened down inproperly causing one bracket to twist in one direction and the other bracked to twist in the opposite direction. If you pay close attention when tightening down the brackets, you can see this happening. But use a good level to check as your eyes can deceive you.
1) The dish must be mounted exactly on the centre line of the motor arm.
2) The motor rotates left and right on the mounting pole.
3) The elevation on the motor mount. (the latitude value)
4) The elevation of the dish on the motor arm.
To make things worse, if your true south satellite is not exactly south of you, then you need to move the motor to that satellite position before you start to adjust the other settings.
Once you think you have these settings adjusted. Then try for the strong transponders and the satellites close to either side of your true south satellite, and keep making fine adjustments as you go to the next, and the next, and the next untill you have all your satellites fine tuned in. Then repeat with the weak transponders.

Did you set up your mount and motor correctly?? Before you even worry about the USALS feature you have to be set up on your direct South satellite. If your not set up on your direct South satellite you won't be tracking the arc and even if you have already found one satellite you won't hit the rest of them. You can also look on www.sadoun.net and look at his installation files for motor installations. It's very helpful. Also as a sidenote Usals=diseqc1.3 (automatic) diseqc 1.2 is manually moving the dish and saving the locations vis the nudge and fine tuning buttons and then manually saving the locations of the sats once you have found them. So remember 1.3=automatic and 1.2=manual. There's more to it than that of course but that boils it down to the essentials.

Hay Iceberq I hope I didnt pull that much out....:) I didn't do much last night. I had to work at church. I hope sometime this week end I will be able to get on it. I do howevery try to move with the 2.1. I get a better sin about 90 on t6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)