Pulling the Pin..................

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
On the 17th of April, I'm pulling the pin............. I'm getting a 622 installed. I have a couple of questions. When I ordered the install from the special # the guy said that that was his first order he had taken. OK, it went a little slow, but I got it done. But the reason I'm posting is that I would like to know a little of what to expect. I have done all of my own installs untill now, and I want to get it the way I want it. I'm getting the Platinum pkg. Minneapolis HD Locals, and a Dish 1000. So I will be replacing the Dish 500 with that. I also want to keep the other dish at 61.5. I have 2 DP 34's cascaded in the basement, then lines going to 3 TV's, and wondered if I could barter them to the installer for a DP 44? Do they do this sort of stuff, or is this included in the install? I told the CSR I already have the 61.5 and wanted to keep it.

Another question: What should I do to help the guy out before he gets here to keep the install as trouble free as possible? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Lyle

At least here in Ohio, the only way we're able to install a DPP44 is to either (a) have the customer pay the difference in costs between the required DP34 and requested DPP44 or (b) if a 4-satellite location is needed. For example, you absolutely NEED some programming that is being exclusively on that 61.5 of yours.

It also depends on who is installing it if it's a Dish employee they may give you a little problem but just call and get a Dish installation CSR (while the installer is there) after a few minutes they agreed to ship one to me even tho I only needed 3 Sat's but had 3 receivers with only one coaxial run to each.

webbydude said:
At least here in Ohio, the only way we're able to install a DPP44 is to either (a) have the customer pay the difference in costs between the required DP34 and requested DPP44 or (b) if a 4-satellite location is needed. For example, you absolutely NEED some programming that is being exclusively on that 61.5 of yours.

I would gladly pay the difference in cost of the DP44. I did tell the CSR that I probably needed the 44, but I really didn't feel he understood exactly what I said. He just went on to the next line in his script, so I don't know what I'll see when the installer gets here.
Just for @#$%'s and giggles, what do we have to look forward to on the 61.5 satellite? I don't want to destroy my satellite "farm". Any suggestions?

Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts