Purchased DVR Before Lease fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zalarrulz

Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I bought a DVR from Directv on 2/27/06. I had it installed on 3/1. For some reason I am still getting charged a $5.99 lease fee per month. When I called, the non english speaking rep told me that it wasn't a lease per but a receiver fee. I called back three times with the same answer. Is this true?

It is true...The DVR fee is 5.99, one dollar more then you were charged, if you had Tivo, The same happened to me a few months back when I went from Tivo to the DVR.

Though, it should not say Lease Fee, I would also call retention to get that cleared up

Last edited:
satjay said:
It is true...The DVR fee is 5.99, one dollar more then you were charged, if you had Tivo, The same happened to me a few months back when I went from Tivo to the DVR.

Though, it should not say Lease Fee, I would also call retention to get that cleared up
Wether you have TiVo or R15 DVR+ the DVR fee is $5.99. You are right satjay it should not be identified as a lease fee.

It's a problem we've noticed with the system, since the lease program went into effect March 1. Owned receivers showing up as lease.

The DVR service fee *IS* $5.99 - a lease receiver fee is $4.99, like any additional receiver. However, if you are certain you DO own the receiver, call in and get yourself transferred to the ACCESS CARD DISTRIBUTION TEAM. They can change it. NOT Retention.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)